F1X - Ban Appeal

F1X

F1X - Ban Appeal

Post by F1X »

BYOND Name: F1X

Reason Banned: Decided to walk into sec in an armed Durand, because their backpack, pda, and toolbelt weren't given back after they were brigged. When an emp beacon was placed on the durand, retaliated lethally with a mech mounted missle launcher and gun. Nearly killed the HoS, HoP, RD, Detective, and mime in retaliation. Self antagging, bad escalation. Just recently had a ban of self-antagging. All in all major breach of rules and prior notes and bans warrant a permaban.

Admin who banned: trojancoyote

Length Banned: Permanent.

Round ID: 14070

Appeal Reason: So, from the beginning to the end. I late arrived in the shift about like, what- 20 minutes? I went to Robotics, went to the lathe, saw the acting Captain was Colton and did some memes, all that jazz- and noticed the Mime somehow get into Science, and then point to the flashes, and I never hand out flashes to anyone unless a Head authorizes it, cause flashes can just be used to stamina critical someone and then drag them off into maintenance so I treat them as if they're a weapon, and the Mime starts trespassing into Robotics. I warn them, but they still proceed to enter so I sort of, improperly escalated and starting sawing them to shoo them away with the hand saw, later this became noticeable to the AI and the Common Channel but never really was much of a problem. Later on in the shift, I was swapping the cell out of the Shaft Miner's RIPLEY exosuit, belonging to IPRC by the teleporter room. Here, this is where they stole my ID, and I ran after them into Robotics, where I think this is where I was running down the hallway running West, taking a sharp turn heading North, by the right side of Brig before Stellar batoned me, and took me to Security.

This is where this really foils, cause the HoS put me in the cell and put me in for 7 minutes, which I was fine with, and I asked for my headset. I got my headset, listened to the fun "oh god we have pirates" jazz on Science & Common Channel. I told the HoS to let me go, and I admit that I may or may not have used some profanity and targeted insults against them here. Then after a bit they told me "lay down.", I sort of hesitated, but then I laid down, they entered the cell and then stun batoned me to stamina critical, before dragging me off to perma, and just threw me in there with no word and an ID. (At this time I didn't know that if you examine the prisoner IDs that you get the time of your release.) I sat in perma asked for the AI to let me out to no avail, and I was upset that the Mime wasn't apprehended even though so many people have complained about them. They were later caught, a lot of contraband in their backpack. This was, a kitchen knife I believe, a telescopic baton, my bone saw, but then the HoS said "you can ask for a lawyer" and all that jazz and treated the Mime fairly nicely. For the rest of the shift, I was ignored completely by the HoS. They wouldn't basically acknowledge the fact that I existed in perma. The only way I got out was when Stellar took me to Medical Bay, even then the HoS wouldn't acknowledge me aside pull out their stun gun every time I was around them, where I'd run away. 

Here, I thought it'd be a good idea to make an intimidating mechanical exosuit, fully armed to intimidate the HoS to return my stuff. None of it was contraband, it shouldn't have been so hard for the HoS, Caroline Moon to return them, they weren't as bad as what the mime had. I got enough materials for the Durand, quickly building it in Robotics under a span of around 4 minutes after getting the sufficient Uranium, and equipped it with an SRM-8 Missile Rack, a Scatter Shot, and a Hades Carbine. I also applied a Speed Potion from Xenobiology to give it a red look, to make it look even deadlier so the HoS would comply and actually acknowledge the fact I exist and not just pull out their taser every time. I built the mech, and started calmy walking to Brig with all my equipment down, the mech set to "No Equipment." I walked in, the doors were open. I calmy walked into each cell, popping them open for my stuff, walked into Brig, saw my locker, popped it open, grabbed my stuff, swapped out my white shoes with black shoes and stuffed the backpack and the tool belt into my Bag of Holding. The nice mime had a pair of Jaws of Life and opened the doors for me, which was chill. I lost the intent to kill them or harm them, as I said in perma brig that I wouldn't bother anymore as long as they were apprehended and told not to, which they were. At this time, I started walking out of Brig and took a few quick peeks for my PDA, which I'd come back for later until Colton Wank, RD, starting spamming Exo-suit Tracking Beacons on the Mech with the intent of destroying it, and acting in defense I Durand-Punched Colton away, but they just went back to doing it again, I fired a missile this time which I now realize was a pretty dumb idea considering all the people crowded around me in the mech, and the Mime, HoS, and Detective were affected by it at the time, with Colton speeding away via turn stiles from brig. I started walking out and tried to make my way to the exosuit control console, cause I knew that if I lost the suit I'd have no sort of defense or anything, just some person in a Roboticist's jump suit. As I was making my way out, DreamDaemon's Engineering Shell tried to attack me but I didn't bother to fight back, getting to the exosuit control console was a higher priority at the time before Colton annihilated my exo-suit. About 30 seconds after the Engineering Shell barrage of mini-welds, I was teleported to Central Command Prison, talked to Trojan about the situation, and was swiftly banned a few minutes following.

So, I've calmed down a slight bit but seriously, the HoS was completely ignoring me and didn't even bother to care about me in Perma where as they were so nice to the Mime, who had a ton of contraband and such. They only noticed me when I walked in with the red exosuit tanked in lethals. (I probably should've really used the pacifier taser on the floor of Robotics but I was sort of, plagued with "have to be intimidating" thoughts.) They didn't care who I was until I put on the exosuit.

I'm sorry for uh, whoever was affected by that SRM-8 missile blast, fired one missile and it affected a lot of people cause I was being sort of reckless that round. Sorry. I really regret not using the taser though, that probably would've been a better solution than walking in with full lethals. I feared that Colton would annihilate the mech with the control beacons. The blast affected the HoS, The Mime, The HoP, The Detective, and it was pretty bad. I think one of them was in hard crit since they were directly hit by the missile, the others probably soft crit or near death. I apologize for all of that, but it's upsetting when the HoS completely ignores you and tends to the other prisoner, who's done more bad things than what I've done, which affected more people instead of me where I just simply sawed the mime in total of about 2 times. That was all. Also, Dark never fixed the ban note for the "self-antagging ban" a while ago, which I've pinged them about and hopefully they'll get online to help me clear that up later. Sorry for the huge wall of text.

edit 1: I didn't proof read this so let me know if there's a mistake or whatever.
edit 2: Also if Stellar didn't save me from perma I would've also died to a meteor but then yet still ignored by the HoS.
Last edited by F1X on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

RE: F1X - Ban Appeal

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Considering you weren't ignoring the ai's shell and people around you in the hallway to sec as you were leaving, you were instead shooting scattergun shots. This is what prompted me to aprison you, as you were still firing the scattergun at people in the hallway. It's interesting you left that tidbit out of your description. This situation was a huge infraction against our rules, in no way shape or form was using lethal weapons in this situation warranted, and you nearly killed five people in the process before being detained via admin prison. While the HoS WAS quite bad, admin intervention had already happened and you didn't even try to go to admins to get it resolved, instead resorting to violence as a non-antagonist. I am not inclined to lift this, but will allow others to reply instead of outright denying it.

F1X

Post by F1X »

Trojan_Coyote wrote: Considering you weren't ignoring the ai's shell and people around you in the hallway to sec as you were leaving, you were instead shooting scattergun shots. This is what prompted me to aprison you, as you were still firing the scattergun at people in the hallway. It's interesting you left that tidbit out of your description. This situation was a huge infraction against our rules, in no way shape or form was using lethal weapons in this situation warranted, and you nearly killed five people in the process before being detained via admin prison. While the HoS WAS quite bad, admin intervention had already happened and you didn't even try to go to admins to get it resolved, instead resorting to violence as a non-antagonist. I am not inclined to lift this, but will allow others  to reply instead of outright denying it.
I was losing integrity and trying to make it to the Exosuit Console panicking. I knew I couldn't fight the borg so I didn't bother, but the scatter shots were misclicks. I usually switch to "No Equipment" so I don't actually shoot myself with my own missile racks. 

I wasn't informed that the HoS had been admin intervention'd already, and I apologize for not using ahelp for when I should've. I didn't mean to kill the five people, only Colton after he started sticking Exosuit Beacons onto my mech. I sort of panicked cause without the Exosuit I was gonna get killed at that point if Colton blew the mech. I was really freaking upset at the HoS for ignoring me though, like, unbelievable amounts- you could say that there was a lot of unhealthy salt at this area of the situation. I seriously didn't mean to scatter shot the people in the hallway if I did accidentally hit someone, I just remember going down the hallway in panic before getting sent to admin prison. 

I thought that if I did ahelp, it'd probably be turned down as "Marked as IC issue.", but I really should've ahelped now that I look back at it.
I was just informed that the HoS was also job banned from The Head of Security role, which makes a lot more sense now. So, apparently they didn't set the Prisoner ID to the correct time or whatever , and also I panicked cause I've never seen a Remote Exosuit Beacon used before on a mech but I know they can easily screw over mechs- hence why I reacted as such in fear.
Last edited by F1X on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi everyone, as the mime and one of the major protagonist of this story, let me resume all of my actions in this story. 

Feel free to jump to to TL;DR for the short version, or read the wall.

MY VERSION : So I manage to get into science and decides to knock on the robo-lab window (Note that I bully Brandon pretty often and so does he to me too.) And he immediately says "No flash for you mime, fuck off.". So I go with the flow and starts pointing at the flashes to make him, nervous, which he does. Then I start to remove his window with tools and snag myself in, and starts to rebuild the window. Once I start to rebuild the window I believe he harmed me (I'm not 100% certain if it was a punch or axing with the saw). I then walk back and PDA the AI, played by Kevinz, "Brandon just harmed me.". Then Brandon comes out of his lab with a saw and start to harm me again with it, I manage to slip him and steals his saw while the AI pulls me out of the lab to protect me from harm. I get healed and stuff and comes back to his lab with his saw, I put it on his desk and point to it so he sees I dropped it there. He grabs and immediately closes his shutters, I guess he was still upset, which is fine. Later in the round I manage to get power tools a bit later too (With the one that can force doors open). I walk near science and see that Brandon shutters are still closed so I decide that maybe if I smack his windows he will re-open them, right? Well, he didn't and I broke his windows, that action was kinda a revenge act due to the harming part in all honesty, and I probably could've abstained myself there, I won't lie. I then walk in the halls and sees him doing maintenance on his mech, I pat him and decide to slip him for shit and giggles. To my great surprise, he had his ID in his hands, which means he dropped it on the floor. I instantly pick the ID and starts to run away to his lab. I then re-open his closed shutters and drop his ID in the lab, because I felt bad and didn't wanted to piss him off too much (Note that I am still in his lab). I then starts fixing his windows, since I feel bad for breaking them earlier and he comes in an angery state, which is fair I guess? As I am fixing his windows he grabs his saw again and start sawing me again. I manage to slip him again and the AI noticed him assaulting me and calls security who then perma's Brandon for trying to murder me twice. Later in the round I got perma'd for 20 minutes (That's another issue with the HoS) for slipping people and stealing some stuffs. Brandon suicided as I come in, and got revived in medbay and he got free, but never got his stuff back. After 15 minutes I die too due to meteors and get revived, I go to science and see Brandon making a Durand, which is HEAVILY LOADED. He says "I'm gonna take back my stuff.". So I follow him to the brig... And he starts smashing airlocks, that I luckily pried open with my tools before he broke them, he smashed all the lockers in the jail, even one with a current prisoner in it and heads to perma. OBVIOUSLY, security wasn't happy and asked the acting cap (Who is also the RD) to get some beacon to EMP his ass, right? Well Brandon decided that he didn't liked having a beacon on his mech and loaded his missile rack and shot 5 people in the brig with two rockets. Harming : me, the det, the HoP, the HoS and the acting cap. Luckily I think no one died, as I saved the HoS from near death. That's my version of the story, note that I never harmed anyone in the whole round nor broke any rules afaik. All I did is break into his lab and break his windows when the shutters were closed (Which I tried to fix). I just wanted to bully him and he went mad shit over me and it just snowballed into this hell of a shitshow.

TL;DR : I just wanted to bully him and he got super angry and attacked me. Security helped me because he tried to kill me twice, when I never harmed him and he got perma'd. He got angry once out, made a Durand to recover his stuff and sec/heads tried to stop him. He then shot two missiles at the mass of people in the brig and almost killed them all.

MY OPINION ON THE BAN :I think that F1x got really angry at the accumulation of all this drama and security being against him. I think he needs to learn that going straight up to killing someone with a powerful weapon for trespassing into your lab isn't reasonable, but rather shitty escalation. I do think he probably got overwhelmed by being misunderstood/not helped by security and it affected his judgment. I don't think Brandon deserves a permaban for this, I don't think he's a bad player either. He really showed that he cares about the server and it's community and is here to have fun. I believe a 3 week ban or one month would be good, while he reconsider his actions. 

I hope this explains everything well. Thanks to Trojan for handling the issue too. If you have any questions about my side of the story feel free to ask. I do think I should'have stopped bullying him after the first time he got angry, and somewhat feels responsible for this, but I don't think I broke any rules, hell I even tried to fix the windows I broke.

Edit : Clarity
Last edited by Fractious on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

F1X

Post by F1X »

Fractious wrote: Hi everyone, as the mime and one of the major protagonist of this story, let me resume all of my actions in this story. 

Feel free to jump to to TL;DR for the short version, or read the wall.

MY VERSION : So I manage to get into science and decides to knock on the robo-lab window (Note that I bully Brandon pretty often and so does he to me too.) And he immediately says "No flash for you mime, fuck off.". So I go with the flow and starts pointing at the flashes to make him, nervous, which he does. Then I start to remove his window with tools and snag myself in, and starts to rebuild the window. Once I start to rebuild the window I believe he harmed me (I'm not 100% certain if it was a punch or axing with the saw). I then walk back and PDA the AI, played by Kevinz, "Brandon just harmed me.". Then Brandon comes out of his lab with a saw and start to harm me again with it, I manage to slip him and steals his saw while the AI pulls me out of the lab to protect me from harm. I get healed and stuff and comes back to his lab with his saw, I put it on his desk and point to it so he sees I dropped it there. He grabs and immediately closes his shutters, I guess he was still upset, which is fine. Later in the round I manage to get power tools a bit later too (With the one that can force doors open). I walk near science and see that Brandon shutters are still closed so I decide that maybe if I smack his windows he will re-open them, right? Well, he didn't and I broke his windows, that action was kinda a revenge act due to the harming part in all honesty, and I probably could've abstained myself there, I won't lie. I then walk in the halls and sees him doing maintenance on his mech, I pat him and decide to slip him for shit and giggles. To my great surprise, he had his ID in his hands, which means he dropped it on the floor. I instantly pick the ID and starts to run away to his lab. I then re-open his closed shutters and drop his ID in the lab, because I felt bad and didn't wanted to piss him off too much (Note that I am still in his lab). I then starts fixing his windows, since I feel bad for breaking them earlier and he comes in an angery state, which is fair I guess? As I am fixing his windows he grabs his saw again and start sawing me again. I manage to slip him again and the AI noticed him assaulting me and calls security who then perma's Brandon for trying to murder me twice. Later in the round I got perma'd for 20 minutes (That's another issue with the HoS) for slipping people and stealing some stuffs. Brandon suicided as I come in, and got revived in medbay and he got free, but never got his stuff back. After 15 minutes I die too due to meteors and get revived, I go to science and see Brandon making a Durand, which is HEAVILY LOADED. He says "I'm gonna take back my stuff.". So I follow him to the brig... And he starts smashing airlocks, that I luckily pried open with my tools before he broke them, he smashed all the lockers in the jail, even one with a current prisoner in it and heads to perma. OBVIOUSLY, security wasn't happy and asked the acting cap (Who is also the RD) to get some beacon to EMP his ass, right? Well Brandon decided that he didn't liked having a beacon on his mech and loaded his missile rack and shot 5 people in the brig with two rockets. Harming : me, the det, the HoP, the HoS and the acting cap. Luckily I think no one died, as I saved the HoS from near death. That's my version of the story, note that I never harmed anyone in the whole round nor broke any rules afaik. All I did is break into his lab and break his windows when the shutters were closed (Which I tried to fix). I just wanted to bully him and he went mad shit over me and it just snowballed into this hell of a shitshow.

TL;DR : I just wanted to bully him and he got super angry and attacked me. Security helped me because he tried to kill me twice, when I never harmed him and he got perma'd. He got angry once out, made a Durand to recover his stuff and sec/heads tried to stop him. He then shot two missiles at the mass of people in the brig and almost killed them all.

MY OPINION ON THE BAN :I think that F1x got really angry at the accumulation of all this drama and security being against him. I think he needs to learn that going straight up to killing someone with a powerful weapon for trespassing into your lab isn't reasonable, but rather shitty escalation. I do think he probably got overwhelmed by being misunderstood/not helped by security and it affected his judgment. I don't think Brandon deserves a permaban for this, I don't think he's a bad player either. He really showed that he cares about the server and it's community and is here to have fun. I believe a 3 week ban or one month would be good, while he reconsider his actions. 

I hope this explains everything well. Thanks to Trojan for handling the issue too. If you have any questions about my side of the story feel free to ask. I do think I should'have stopped bullying him after the first time he got angry, and somewhat feels responsible for this, but I don't think I broke any rules, hell I even tried to fix the windows I broke.

Edit : Clarity
I didn't mean to fire into the crowd of people. I tried to fire the missile, predicting where Colton was gonna run since he was running in circles around me, that if I fired the missile in a relative area where he was going to be running towards that the missile would register and blow them up, which missed him by like, a single time. I felt bad for accidentally hitting you with a missile since you helped me out by opening the doors for me, no joke I audibly had to say "oof" under my breath behind the monitor- cough. Anyways, sorry for sawing you but I was already upset at someone else for something else and I was having a bad day, and I didn't want to get yelled at for "WHY'D YOU GIVE THE MIME A FLASH?!", cause I can use a flash myself to stam crit someone, zip tie, and just kill them quietly. There's a reason why I protect the flashes stash and Robotics with my life.

Electrolyz

Post by Electrolyz »

It’s terrifying that no red flags went up about the possible outcomes of confronting the HoS with an armed Durand, at least in your head. Don’t do antag stuff as a non antag and everything is chill. I like F1x as a player most times, but this isn’t cool. In any case I think they could learn not to self antag if given the chance. My two cents is to drop this to a 2-3 week ban and short/leash him for a few after that.

F1X

Post by F1X »

It won't happen again. I dealt with it improperly, I'm sorry. I really should've ahelped. :<
Last edited by F1X on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altheor

Post by Altheor »

F1X wrote: It won't happen again. I dealt with it improperly, I'm sorry. I really should've ahelped. :<
Oh, found this thread and wanted to add to it.

During the whole order I was also scremaing non-stop at  the comms to Security arrest the godamn mime that stole my axe while I was trying to kill carps. Lots of other people then agreed with it, and the mime went on to provoke Brandon.

I think this whole thing would been averted if people weren't being easy on the mime when he was doing stuff many other players would get chewed out for (like breaking the science lab windows while having the atmos axe on him, something that you would consider to be a antagonist action, self or not).

When Brandon decided to attack security to be honest I would have been in favor of it, since when I complaned on OOC (didn't knew ahelp existed yet) admins said it was IC issue and mime did 'nothing wrong' because he didn't used the axe to do his antagonist actions, only other tools. Only reason I couldn't help brandon there is that I was busy being dead after the mime killed me trapping me with invisible wall in airless room.

F1X

Post by F1X »

someone notice this thread please q.q

fattypenguin

Post by fattypenguin »

Honestly i've read the two post about this round and it pretty much seems like it was just a shi- security problem. The security could just have arrested the mime since the beginning and should also have helped Altheor since he was requesting help too. Still, there is better way to deal with security than using a mech to break into it. You could have atleast used NON-LETHAL weapon like a mounted taser and a catapult to push people and stunning them instead of blowing them up.Also, instead of cutting the mime with a freakin' saw, you could've used the flash you tried to defend ( I don't know if the mimes had sunglasses tho ) to throw the mime out of your place.

I know you already said it but Ahelping would have been a nice idea too, just before exiting your place with a mech fully loaded ready to rip in two everyone in your path, just to make sure what you were doing was a good idea or not ( it was a not for sure ). You even got a ban for self-antagging not too long ago. In your place, I would've have stayed low for a while before trying anything spicy like that.

Welp, that was only my opinion. I'm not even an admin so you don't even have to bother reading this. So yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing you unbanned, but don't do that again eh?
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.