Week Ban, Ray Greyson

Ray Greyson

Week Ban, Ray Greyson

Post by Ray Greyson »

BYOND Name: Rayllumengaming

Reason Banned: Started another dramafest with Hailey Yorsh, week ban applied as a result. This is your last warning on the matter..

Admin who banned: crashinator08

Length Banned: Week (10080 Minutes)

Appeal Reason: I was just going to grab myself some food from a vending machine as the CMO for that shift when I saw that a member of security was aiming a gun at a command secretary. I tell the officer to put away the gun, of which he aims at me next, I call security to the location I was in and I get stunned down and taken to the bathroom. As soon as I wake up, I was threatened with death if I didn't say I was fine over the radio, Of which I denied the offer. Getting maced in the face and drawing my knife for self-defense. People came in and witnessed this macing before the officer made up a crime and pinned me with attempted murder of the secretary being aimed at by the officer. Hailey Yorsh came in and sided with security immediately, Getting me down and cuffing me. Two friends came to my aid and then this whole thing kept on going and Hailey arresting me as the Overseer. Instead of taking me to the brig, she dragged me around the place and eventually back to the pool where it started. I really didn't want any of this situation escalating via Hailey Yorsh... And I brought it to LOOC as I shouldn't have, I admit to doing wrong with bringing it out to OOC/LOOC. Though I wasn't the instigator. After a whole debacle of fighting and translocator teleportation... After the teleportation, Hailey interacted with me a second time, with other people getting me out of the way of the fighting which began to turn lethal. The tram left and the fighting ended, with me getting a week ban. Hailey had a machine gun, plate carrier, energy pistol, cuffs and riot shield on code green. The weapons could have been on them because of an event but they had more than enough time to return them.
Attached is a .txt log. Discord PM @Te.name#3719 for the full HTML log.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... ab2e9d.png - Hailey saying she got involved.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... _stuff.txt - Txt Log.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 794595.png - Hailey getting herself involved.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2fa4a6.png - Player who admitted framing.

Nik707

Re: Week Ban, Ray Greyson

Post by Nik707 »

So, I was 100% on-board banning Hailey for a week or so due to her seeming need to toe the line to bait you into something she can latch onto, but these logs you've graciously provided honestly changed my mind. She came into a situation wherein a sec officer was outnumbered. She cuffed you, then looked to find out what happened. She didn't say anything antagonistic in LOOC, and was attacked by several people that she did a proper job defending herself from. Hailey is absolutely clear in this situation in my mind. Now to your week ban, I'm still unconvinced due to how quickly you resorted to LOOC complaints and attempts to exit a situation you invited yourself into. I think a week to cool down and remind yourself to practice leaving IC as IC and OOC as OOC would be great. Perhaps on return, consider disabling OOC more often. If things like this continue the next step would be more permanent OOC mutes if not longer bans. I'm sorry, Ray, but you really need to get a lid on your emotions.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

johnnyvitrano wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 pm
So, I was 100% on-board banning Hailey for a week or so due to her seeming need to toe the line to bait you into something she can latch onto, but these logs you've graciously provided honestly changed my mind. She came into a situation wherein a sec officer was outnumbered. She cuffed you, then looked to find out what happened. She didn't say anything antagonistic in LOOC, and was attacked by several people that she did a proper job defending herself from. Hailey is absolutely clear in this situation in my mind. Now to your week ban, I'm still unconvinced due to how quickly you resorted to LOOC complaints and attempts to exit a situation you invited yourself into. I think a week to cool down and remind yourself to practice leaving IC as IC and OOC as OOC would be great. Perhaps on return, consider disabling OOC more often. If things like this continue the next step would be more permanent OOC mutes if not longer bans. I'm sorry, Ray, but you really need to get a lid on your emotions.
Ok, I was there when this happened and I want to make a few things clear. Hailey was not defending herself at all this was not a case of self-defense. She ran into the situation as the site director instead of contacting security. The site director should not be acting like a security officer running around enforcing laws with security equipment.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

She even says in the logs she heard gunshots, and she had the gear from an admin event that had ended minutes before. I don't see that as particularly worth note. She didn't escalate improperly, she didn't do anything antagonistic, and was only there to help the officer, Toloiken.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

johnnyvitrano wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm
She even says in the logs she heard gunshots, and she had the gear from an admin event that had ended minutes before. I don't see that as particularly worth note. She didn't escalate improperly, she didn't do anything antagonistic, and was only there to help the officer, Toloiken.
Yes, but that is not the CDs job. They don't make arrests, and Toloiken wasn't exactly in a life or death situation or one an officer isn't expected to be able to handle. And it doesn't change the fact that she didn't bring him to security or hand him over. And after he was teleported she continued to get involved even when other officers were around.

Nik707

Post by Nik707 »

She cuffed him, and asked if it could be moved to security. Being she was there for most of it, she remained in the area with security. Again, not exactly "being security" to me.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

you've been warned time and time again to not salt up LOOC. I believe you've WITNESSED me warning other people to not salt up LOOC. I've personally warned you to not salt up LOOC at least two times if I recall correctly. If you can't man up enough to handle it just disable it, you don't have to care what people say about you if you can't see it.

Hell you've been given far more chances on the LOOC thing than someone usually gets if we catch them doing it over and over again.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

General consensus seems to be no on this one. Moving to denied, sorry Ray.