Perma-ban Appeal

HazelBailey

Re: Perma-ban Appeal

Post by HazelBailey »

Sorry man, it's a vouch or nothing. If you dont have anything else to add, I'm gonna go ahead and move this to denied.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

HazelBailey wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:02 am
Sorry man, it's a vouch or nothing. If you dont have anything else to add, I'm gonna go ahead and move this to denied.
...but why? Why's a vouch that important? I've a spotless record on /tg/ and any other server I've played, I'm just not involved enough in any of their communities that I could reasonably get a vouch. One that'd not feel superficial at least. I don't want to stalk around other servers trying to get good P.R. just to get a vouch. I'd take a month or many long ban at this point.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

The vouch is basically a way to say, "Hey, this player has improved upon what they were banned for originally". It's not something that could reasonably be acquired in a couple of days after a ban.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

That doesn't change what I said. I don't want to go up to some /tg/ admin I barely know and ask for a vouch. They barely know me, just feels superficial, I don't like doing that crap. Especially if I play /tg/ some just to acquire some form of good-boy points. Plus half the shit I did wouldn't even be considered against /tg/'s rules, so I don't see have a vouch from them or most other servers would even be valid on cit when the reason I was banned was rule 6.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

That's why the point is to stand out as a good player instead of wandering around begging for a meaningless vouch. When you're told to get a vouch, we're basically saying "Go to another server, play on it, stand out as a good player and in a month or two, ask one of the admins if you've been well enough behaved for them to vouch for your improved behavior.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

None of this is a refutation of what I'm saying, but alright.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

The point is, we told you to stop breaking the rules, you didnt, got banned, and now we're telling you to get someone else to vouch for your improved behavior before we'll unban you. It doesn't matter how superficial/pointless/impossible you think it is, since you were given multiple chances to improve.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

To be fair a lot of my notes are various different rules broken, it's not like I got all two-hundred for the same thing... and if nothing else the power-gaming ones have vastly different contexts. Jack o' all trades.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Which to me is just proof you didn't read the rules at all.

pireamáineach

Post by pireamáineach »

Well now you're bein' unfair. I did read them, 'thas been a long while. Or at least 'thad.