ParadoxSpace's Desperate Plea For Protean

ParadoxSpace

ParadoxSpace's Desperate Plea For Protean

Post by ParadoxSpace »

Discord name: ParadoxSpace#6294

Byond ckey: ParadoxSpace
(i was mostly playing a yellow octopus girl on the non-RP server, but it was strangling to be one of few taking arpee seriously.)

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Mercurial, a Protean.

(this is a reconstruction of my app on virgo, forgive me.)
In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Mercurial was originally a Working Surface, located in a garage/workshop in a dome on Mars, under the control of Hephaestus Industries. Creation of a very lonely (physically and romantically) female kitsune creator, Mercurial was unusual among usually entirely non-sapient surfluids, mostly for containing independent thought. She was programmed, first and foremost, with superior engineering knowledge, a social learning matrix, and movement independent of her pool. While her abilities at maintaining vehicles, weapons, and all manner of things that require repairs/upgrades at her shop proved handy to her, she was more interested in meeting and greeting with customers. On the occasion she was entrusted to run an errand with her creator, she was ecstatic every moment. However, she was never allowed to leave on her own, never being allowed to stray any further from the domed city and rarely ever out of the workshop. It was getting lonely for her, only interacting with one person aside from sparse contact with other sophonts. It was only until the kitsune that owned her was growing older, around a few months ago, that she would finally concede to allowing her friend, apprentice, and occasional lover to experience others. She still prefers a general kitsune-like shape, and is most comfortable when given orders.

tl;dr mercurial is a socially maladapted engineer.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are essentially clumps of nanomachines. They are either people who opted to sleeve into a nanomachine format, or independent nanotech. They aren't of any one particular culture, they could be from really anywhere advanced enough to produce them. NT needs them to wear a 'Permit for Advanced Nanotechnology' card, which needs to be looked back into on a monthly basis.

In the case of applying for Mime/Clown, what are you intending to do to make them distinct and enjoyable:

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: For my whitelist to be taken immediately, especially for something as tenebrously powerful as a Protean, worst case scenario being b&.
Last edited by ParadoxSpace on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

HazelBailey

Re: ParadoxSpace's Desperate Plea For Protean

Post by HazelBailey »

Entire backstory would need to be changed, I'm afraid. We wrote out Kitsuhana entirely.

ParadoxSpace

Post by ParadoxSpace »

it will be done my master.

ParadoxSpace

Post by ParadoxSpace »

fixed

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

You put thought and effort into your backstory, it's high enough quality. You changed the backstory after we got rid of KHI (Good on you) and, seeing as how you took the time to fix your application, it means you care. At least a little.
Good use of diction implies you're a good role player, or, at the very least have a lot of experience reading/writing literature, and, thusly have a good handle on what a good character is. You've got a bit of esoteric information in the summary of the species, something I've been keeping an eye out for players who utilize that section to drop little bits of knowledge on them that the average person wouldn't know from just looking at a Protean.

I'm more than happy to give this a +1 despite not knowing you all that well.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

+1...

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

edit: the ... isn't doubt or hesitation it's because the fourms wouldn't let me make a 2 letter reply so i added 3 dots

ParadoxSpace

Post by ParadoxSpace »

no fear

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Yeah sounds good to me, you've got your approval and seem like an allright guy.