Cult/Rev Ban Apeal

AWingedHussar

Cult/Rev Ban Apeal

Post by AWingedHussar »

BYOND Name: AWingedHussar

Reason Banned: http://prntscr.com/iwasqh

Admin Who Banned: RubyFlameWing

Length Banned: Permanent ban

Appeal Reason: I was banned from /saying/ that I'd rather kill myself than play as an antag. Ruby didn't bother to check the logs and assumed that I killed myself that round because I got converted, which I didn't you can check the logs that round. They knew that I didn't suicide either because they threatened to role ban me after I said that, https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... nknown.png Yes, I did say that but I never actually DID it, I never actually broke a rule in the first place. The reason why I'm so fed up about this is that if I get converted then somebody else gets to take control of my body and as seen in the screenshot, somebody already said they'd ruin my reputation. I don't want people to think negatively of my characters for actions I didn't commit, other than that I wouldn't be fussing about this ban. Also the fact that I was banned for SAYING something not doing something annoys me, the only other time I've actually suicided as an antag was 5 months ago when I rushed a security guard and a captain after I got converted, and Ruby even admitted that I still followed the rules because technically I did help my team.

Ruby Flamewing

RE: Cult/Rev Ban Apeal

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

I didn't ban you because I *thought* you had. I banned you because you *said* you would in any instance in the future, as well as flat-out waving a "I've done this for years now and I've gotten away with it" flag in the front of staff. So, I decided to give you what you wanted: not having to deal with being forced into a team antag group against your will. There's either ban you from the team antags, or there's you toughing up and actually playing the round type. Throwing yourself at Security to die or get deconverted because you don't want to take part is no longer feasible, especially since I already told you that you really shouldn't do that when I noted you on it a long while back. It was meant to tell you that "yes, technically you helped, but it was shitty and a dick move to make" - so, in essence, to continue doing that same gig is a violation of the server caveat of "don't be a dick."

I'll lift this if the staff tell me to do so, or you swear you'll actually be helpful to team antag groups you get converted into in the future that isn't "oh, I threw myself at the other team and died, technically that means I helped even though I did nothing helpful in doing it."

Also, when has saying you'll break the law in front of authorities in a convincing way ever come up as logical? Common sense, man.
Last edited by Ruby Flamewing on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is only waffer thin.

AWingedHussar

Post by AWingedHussar »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: I didn't ban you because I *thought* you had. I banned you because you *said* you would in any instance in the future, as well as flat-out waving a "I've done this for years now and I've gotten away with it" flag in the front of staff. So, I decided to give you what you wanted: not having to deal with being forced into a team antag group against your will. There's either ban you from the team antags, or there's you toughing up and actually playing the round type. Throwing yourself at Security to die or get deconverted because you don't want to take part is no longer feasible, especially since I already told you that you really shouldn't do that when I noted you on it a long while back. It was meant to tell you that "yes, technically you helped, but it was shitty and a dick move to make" - so, in essence, to continue doing that same gig is a violation of the server caveat of "don't be a dick."

I'll lift this if the staff tell me to do so, or you swear you'll actually be helpful to team antag groups you get converted into in the future that isn't "oh, I threw myself at the other team and died, technically that means I helped even though I did nothing helpful in doing it."

Also, when has saying you'll break the law in front of authorities in a convincing way ever come up as logical? Common sense, man.
You're not guilty until you've committed a crime, plus it's not like dying as an antag is going to ruin the round for everyone. Also I was refering to the fact that I don't play as antags, and when I get converted I neither help nor hinder my team. I understand why you banned me and I can see why you would, but the fact of the matter is that I didn't actually *do* it. What I said wasn't even true, I was being arrogant and stupid you can check the logs of my previous rounds, the last itme anything like this happened was 5 months ago.

Yes, I said that and how was it even convincing? For all you know it could have been a joke. And either way, I shouldn't be banned for something in advance of me doing it. Sorry for committing thoughtcrime I guess lol.
Last edited by AWingedHussar on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Not doing anything to help the team antags actually breaks rule 4. Section 3. Solo antags (e.g., traitors, changelings, etc) are expected to at least try to do their objectives; actively working against your objectives is not allowed. Team antags (e.g., cultists, nuke ops, etc) are bound to their objectives and team and must accomplish them to the best of their ability.

AWingedHussar

Post by AWingedHussar »

Trojan_Coyote wrote: Not doing anything to help the team antags actually breaks rule 4. Section 3.  Solo antags (e.g., traitors, changelings, etc) are expected to at least try to do their objectives; actively working against your objectives is not allowed. Team antags (e.g., cultists, nuke ops, etc) are bound to their objectives and team and must accomplish them to the best of their ability.
Maybe I would have helped, but right after I got converted I was handcuffed and locked in a medical room by somebody who wanted to ERP me so I wouldn't have even been able to help.

AWingedHussar

Post by AWingedHussar »

Another point I'd like to add is the reason I was banned: http://prntscr.com/ix8b20 is invalid, because the last time I actually "broke" this rule was when I got the warning 5 months ago: http://prntscr.com/ix8bhd And since then I haven't actually done anything of the sort, and the round before when I supposedly suicided, I didn't even suicide, the logs will prove that. Overall the reason I was banned was for saying some stupid bullshit to be edgy and show how much I hate secret rounds. What I said was no different from people joking in OOC that they'll self antag due to an extended round (Which they actually don't, it's a joke).

Yes, I agree that I'll start helping out during cult/rev rounds instead of sitting on my ass however I'll still prioritize RP over complete murderboning, and I'd also like Ruby to admit that the ban was completely invalid, they failed to check for evidence and got a little trigger happy with the ban button on me.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Honestly, it just seemed a bit...wrong to say that sort of thing at the time. I didn't do any research, no, and honestly, the way you made it sound (by way of direct use of words) got even other players saying "dude, that's kind of a dick thing to do". Am I wrong for not actually researching the matter? Yes.

I'll lift the ban before I go on break as admin, but just...don't be dumb with your words next time, okay? Please??
It is only waffer thin.

AWingedHussar

Post by AWingedHussar »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: Honestly, it just seemed a bit...wrong to say that sort of thing at the time. I didn't do any research, no, and honestly, the way you made it sound (by way of direct use of words) got even other players saying "dude, that's kind of a dick thing to do". Am I wrong for not actually researching the matter? Yes.

I'll lift the ban before I go on break as admin, but just...don't be dumb with your words next time, okay? Please??
Mhm, I've learned my lesson about being an asshole in OOC and I'll try to think before I post in the channel. I'm not sure if unbanning me also removed the note for the ban, but I'd also like that to be removed as well.