Admin complaint -Ragolution, Deathride58

kevinz000

RE: Admin complaint -Ragolution, Deathride58

Post by kevinz000 »

so when do we ban you for ic in ooc?

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Yes, hi, I witnessed the entire situation go down. You are leaving out a *LOT* of context.

The prior round, you were locked into perma by Skylar Lineman after stealing the hand teleporter and throwing a fit when told to give it back.

You then proceeded to argue and whine about it in OOC, and continued to drag it on in LOOC until two different admins told you to stop.

The next round, you spawned in as an assistant. You stole a couple of cream pies. You then proceeded to go out of your way to pester Skylar Lineman specifically with those stolen cream pies. Nobody else. You focused solely on Skylar Lineman. That was a clear act of provocation.

You then ahelped after being arrested for going out of your way to provoke a Security Officer. Even after being told the situation was valid by two separate admins, you kept dragging it on in ahelps until you were muted from ahelps.

Also: You posted this here and on the Discord while the round was still in progress. You're aware we do have rules against IC in OOC, yeah?

killer402402

Post by killer402402 »

You seem to be missing the fact that you deathride58 don't know space law. the points that you mention have nothing to do with the subject of YOU not knowing space law.
the complaint isn't about what happened to me it's about how YOU don't know space law.
Last edited by killer402402 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

The thing is, space law is no longer a hard requirement for sec to follow here. Space law is there solely as a recommendation for inexperienced sec officers now. TG's space law simply does not cover edge cases like these where someone really should be arrested for being a nuisance.

Also, pies in particular deal direct staminaloss in the form of a knockdown. With our combat system being oriented around stamina, that means pies are weapons. That means pieing someone in the face as an assistant is almost always going to be considered an act of assault. If you were a clown, this would've been acceptable since the clown's job is to play pranks. But as an assistant, pieing someone is more of an act of malice/annoyance than anything. Due to this, the arrest in question *still* would've been valid had space law been a hard requirement.

killer402402

Post by killer402402 »

If this is the case then why not make a rule about it either to the server rules or edit the wiki page? because for someone like me who has both of those up when something like this happens and nothing is stated it raises red flags making me think that the staff is ill-informed especially when it clearly states assault on an officer is a 5min crime, not a 10min crime.

At this point, all I'm asking for here is for more clarification on this matter on user resources (rules wiki etc). because when its the heat of the moment and no reference material says anything, and it causes confusion like this.

Finally, I am sorry if I rude about the matter it was just very frustrating when there is nothing stated about these matters.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

buddy i gave you 3 minutes, not 10. do you really think lying to admins is a good idea? seriously? jesus christ dude, you're just trying to get a reaction out of this?

well how about i start a counter complaint about you stealing the hand teleporter for two whole hours to erp, and then salt over looc for about half an hour or more straight when you get arrested for it, screaming that you're being arrested for no reason the whole time?

give me the answer.

you're nothing but a rules lawyer who is currently very upset because they didn't lawyer space law quite well enough.
Last edited by kevinz000 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

deathride58

Post by deathride58 »

Space law being a recommendation has already landed a spot in the rules page, replacing the now-retired "space law is a requirement" rule. You can read the current rules at http://citadel-station-rules.my-free.website , which is also linked in the Discord and in the ingame rules button. The rules for Security are listed under "Security policy" on that page.

I believe the confusion for Rago thinking assault on an officer was a 10 minute crime was due to TG's original brig time lengths. TG space law used to have 10 minutes for long sentences, 5 minutes for medium sentences, and 3 minutes for short sentences, but that's been reduced to 5 minutes, 2 minutes, and 1 minute, respectively. TG's choice of shortening the sentences in their space law was primarily due to their average round times becoming shorter and shorter as the months rolled by. This is part of the reason behind why space law is no longer a requirement here, as 5 minutes for a major crime is less than a slap on the wrist with our average round lengths.
Last edited by deathride58 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

killer402402

Post by killer402402 »

kevinz000 wrote: buddy i gave you 3 minutes, not 10. do you really think lying to admins is a good idea? seriously? jesus christ dude, you're just trying to get a reaction out of this?

well how about i start a counter complaint about you stealing the hand teleporter for two whole hours to erp, and then salt over looc for about half an hour or more straight when you get arrested for it, screaming that you're being arrested for no reason the whole time?

give me the answer.

you're nothing but a rules lawyer who is currently very upset because they didn't lawyer space law quite well enough.
When I came on and created this post I was upset about the situation that took place with the admins, but I did not come on forum with malicious intent. I came on here with something I felt was a problem and wanted it to get looked at by staff and hopefully resolved. but I cant say the same for you.

If you would take the time to take a look at the previous posts on the thread you can clearly see that, you and what had happened before has nothing to do with the issue, which I clearly stated above.

please do not insult me and post to a issue that doesn't involve you, with the clear intent of being malicious .
deathride58 wrote: Space law being a recommendation has already landed a spot in the rules page, replacing the now-retired "space law is a requirement" rule. You can read the current rules at http://citadel-station-rules.my-free.website , which is also linked in the Discord and in the ingame rules button. The rules for Security are listed under "Security policy" on that page.

I believe the confusion for Rago thinking assault on an officer was a 10 minute crime was due to TG's original brig time lengths. TG space law used to have 10 minutes for long sentences, 5 minutes for medium sentences, and 3 minutes for short sentences, but that's been reduced to 5 minutes, 2 minutes, and 1 minute, respectively. TG's choice of shortening the sentences in their space law was primarily due to their average round times becoming shorter and shorter as the months rolled by. This is part of the reason behind why space law is no longer a requirement here, as 5 minutes for a major crime is less than a slap on the wrist with our average round lengths.
I see, thank you for informing me on this.

I am sorry If I jumped down your throats about this I was very frustrated and I did not mean to be a pain in the ass. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me and it makes more senesce now. Thank you.
Last edited by killer402402 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

It clearly pertains to the issue when you decide to try to follow me around to throw cream pies at me because you raged for half an hour when you stole a hand tele and got arrested and perma'd after I asked you to return it. Leon also everyone'd on the discord with the space law changes, and I'm sorry if you didn't see it, even though it's been talked about and announced a bit before.

killer402402

Post by killer402402 »

kevinz000 wrote: It clearly pertains to the issue when you decide to try to follow me around to throw cream pies at me because you raged for half an hour when you stole a hand tele and got arrested and perma'd after I asked you to return it. Leon also everyone'd on the discord with the space law changes, and I'm sorry if you didn't see it, even though it's been talked about and announced a bit before.
No, It does not pertain to that situation it pertains to space law, and admins understanding it. But if you wish to act as if it is then that sounds like your problem.

You keep acting as if that situation is the soul reason for why I made this post. sorry to tell you but it's not, you keep reiterating it for some reason and it doesn't help anyone or at least me see your point after I clearly state that that wasn't what I had a problem with. So if I may ask why do you keep bringing up ill relevant information, are you still upset about this or something?

finally, I don't pay attention to the discord. it's not stated anywhere that you have to keep up with discord so I don't, and if it is stated somewhere please point me to it.
Last edited by killer402402 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.