Spiriten Note Appeal

SpiritenMk2

Spiriten Note Appeal

Post by SpiritenMk2 »

BYOND Name: Spiriten

Reason Noted: "Upon hearing one person say there was a revenant over comms, proceeded to spam salt smoke all over the station. Warned for powergaming.

Admin who Noted: Trojancoyote

Appeal Reason: The note is not accurate. I was not warned at all for powergaming, and also neglects statements I made to Coyote. He did not mention to me that this was powergaming, so the note has me confused.  It was also not just one person saying there was a revenant, there was a body "With its soul sucked out" as it was described with examine, and the cloner was creating one of those blood grinder corpse effect (Both of which I, and some others, assumed were revenant activity signs. If they aren't--I didn't know).  I wish I could have screencapped the salt I layed around--because it was not at all all over the station. He proceedes to tell me that salt a round critical areas is okay, but not the whole station. I had only gotten medbay, and not even finish the entire area around command. I was using a max'ed smoke machine--so there was some spread. But it was hardly all over the station. The fact that there was no mention of the word powergaming, made me think the bwoink was for just causing a mess until I read the note.
Last edited by SpiritenMk2 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

RE: Spiriten Note Appeal

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Sorry if I failed to explain that you were warned specifically for powergaming. But you had salt a good way down the halls and in quite a few places other than 'just around command'. I also checked the bodies that i could find in medical, including the morgue, and none of them upon examine had their soul sucked. When I checked for a revenant, there had not been one spawned either, so all conclusions came to someone overreacting, calling it out, then you immediately using a smoke machine to cover massive amounts of the station with salt, which is uncounterable as a revenant, and other staff considered it power gaming as well.

SpiritenMk2

Post by SpiritenMk2 »

Trojan_Coyote wrote: Sorry if I failed to explain that you were warned specifically for powergaming. But you had salt a good way down the halls and in quite a few places other than 'just around command'. I also checked the bodies that i could find in medical, including the morgue, and none of them upon examine had their soul sucked. When I checked for a revenant, there had not been one spawned either, so all conclusions came to someone overreacting, calling it out, then you immediately using a smoke machine to cover massive amounts of the station with salt, which is uncounterable as a revenant, and other staff considered it power gaming as well.
That is strange. Other people observed the soul sucked bit too. What else could cause that message to be displayed? I do see people using smoke machines to cover the areas with salt--what would be an appropriate level of revenant-ness before resorting to the smoke machine?

*Edit
I found it in the code, something about the character having the "hellbound" modifier. So I don't know what could have made them become hellbound. I think they were a miner. Then the cloner being magic-borked and not working could have been something Shah-Gilm. Because immedietly after I go to see it is all weird she says "I upgraded it."
Last edited by SpiritenMk2 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Probably miner memes or something if I had to guess, but maybe complete confirmation on the revenant being a thing, and actually causing large amounts of damage to the station. As it is, dumping large amounts of salt smoke is really game over for the revenant at any point, since you completely take their ability to move there away.

SpiritenMk2

Post by SpiritenMk2 »

Trojan_Coyote wrote: Probably miner memes or something if I had to guess, but maybe complete confirmation on the revenant being a thing, and actually causing large amounts of damage to the station. As it is, dumping large amounts of salt smoke is really game over for the revenant at any point, since you completely take their ability to move there away.
I think acting under the idea that a crew member was killed by a revenant, and cloning was made inoperable (It wouldn't clone anymore and I thought that was just something revenants could do now). Salting the station with a smoker is just called for. Revs killing people and destroying the cloner don't deserve to have it easy.
Last edited by SpiritenMk2 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

I and other admins feel that this note was justified in placement, and should stay. Denied.