Binned

obscolene

Binned

Post by obscolene »

BYOND Name: obscolene

Reason Banned: Repeated offenses of all types. Studious avoidance of every warning, punishment, and attempts to reason. Goodbye. (Read as: Thranos and friends told Pooj to ban me on discord and he did it. https://gyazo.com/df8b0ccd0e14d6200d90135837fa6e55 )

Admin who banned you: Poojawa

Length Banned: Permanent

Appeal Reason: So I try to get on the extended server today, and see that I'm permabanned out of fucking nowhere -- and by Poojawa of all people, someone who is literally never on the server and only gets their supposed 'info' from people shittalking on the discord. (Can something be done about this? I'm banned from the discord yet people still talk shit behind my back every day without any reprocussions, and it's kind of fucked up that someone can say whatever they want about me and people will believe them because I'm not there to defend myself.) The only thing remotely close to 'memeing' recently was give someone a swirlie for repeatedly slipping me, then calling them a stale meme over comms. Theoun bwoinked me for this, and told me to stop the 'memespeak' (I guess just using the word meme is memespeak now) so I did. I literally did not make a single mention of any meme beyond that point. "Repeated offenses of all types." Repeated offense of all types, don't you think this is blown out of proportion a bit? "Studious avoidance of every warning, punishment, and attempts to reason." This is a blatant lie. I was at 14 tickets, it's not like I'm going out of my way to break the rules and toe the line intentionally. Every time I get a warning to stop doing something, I stop doing it. As for avoiding punishment, that doesn't even make any sense. Are you accusing me of multikeying? I don't understand. "and attempts to reason." This is absolute bullshit. I try to reason with everyone. When an admin PM's me, I explain my side of the story on what happened thoroughly and explain why I thought my actions were justified. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, then I don't get it honestly. "Goodbye." Was this really necessary?

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad about this ban if it didn't carry over to the extended server. I don't play on the main as often anymore, and whenever I do, something bad always happens. It's just a 24/7 shitfest, and it's only gotten worse with the shortened rounds. If I got unbanned, I probably wouldn't even play on the main server to be honest. There's just no reason to go there, seen as how I'm so slow at everything that the round ends before I am able to do what I want to. There's also the cancerous people who just talk shit in OOC just to cause drama, when in all reality I'm literally doing nothing.

Well, thanks for reading this and I hope you reconsider your judgement. 

togopal

RE: Binned

Post by togopal »

[removed]
Last edited by Poojawa on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poojawa

Post by Poojawa »

(Can something be done about this? I'm banned from the discord yet people still talk shit behind my back every day without any reprocussions, and it's kind of fucked up that someone can say whatever they want about me and people will believe them because I'm not there to defend myself.)
What a coincidence.
Anyway to be on point. at 14 tickets, with a long list of warnings, aggressive actions, racism, kill baiting, poor escalation. It'd have been 20 tickets with the repeat offense charge added anyway. 
You've had ample time over the last months to clean up and fly right, but no matter what you've either completely ignored administrative warnings, or just keep to your little gang to rile up station drama for literally no other reason than because you don't care. Citadel is going to be moving forward, it's a shame you didn't bother to ensure you could add positively to it.

Thranos

Post by Thranos »

Yes, because I, the guy who is constantly shitposting at Poojawa and calling them crap, am secretly the leader of the admin cabal and can order them around. A FINE JEST.

No, it's more like you were being so awful that almost every single person in the Discord was able to agree you were, and fielded complaints all at once, which prompted the final permaban for constant line-toeing, meme-spewing, and general toxicity.

If I had the level of buddy-buddy fuckery you're both implying I have with Poojawa, I wouldn't HAVE 19 Tickets.
The reason I'm not permabanned is because I actually toned shit down, which is an option that you (Obs) also should have taken.

togopal

Post by togopal »

Thranos wrote: Yes, because I, the guy who is constantly shitposting at Poojawa and calling them crap, am secretly the leader of the admin cabal and can order them around. A FINE JEST.

No, it's more like you were being so awful that almost every single person in the Discord was able to agree you were, and fielded complaints all at once, which prompted the final permaban for constant line-toeing, meme-spewing, and general toxicity.

If I had the level of buddy-buddy fuckery you're both implying I have with Poojawa, I wouldn't HAVE 19 Tickets.
The reason I'm not permabanned is because I actually toned shit down, which is an option that you (Obs) also should have taken.
not once did i mention that you were buddies with poojawa because its pretty clear and from the looks of it obscolene didnt imply it either. obscolene is saying that poojawa acted purely on thoughts from people in the discord channel when he banned obscolene, which is entirely true given the screenshot. not once did he consider what obscolene did, given the handful of excuses he just replied with. he didn't witness it himself, he just acted on the words of other people. the entirety of discord is not 4-5 people. 

i have to disagree with what poojawa said about the quality of the server. citadel reached its peak a long time ago, and once you're at the top, there's only one way to go.

and to which you imply you "toned down" - complete bullshit. you stole an ID from an SSD person two days ago, which is against a rule and could have gotten you permanently banned. inb4 "WHERES THE PROOF!?"
Last edited by togopal on Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

obscolene

Post by obscolene »

"Anyway to be on point. at 14 tickets," I've been trying to not break any more rules for this specific purpose, I'm already at 14 tickets and I don't need any more. You may not have noticed, since you're never on the server anymore, but I have stopped spouting memes 24/7 and causing a constant ruckus. With people like Thranos constantly talking shit behind my back in the discord without me being there to clear things up, I can see why your judgement would be swayed.

"You've had ample time over the last months to clean up and fly right, " I've been trying to, but it's kind of hard when people still give you shit for it anyways. People start shit with me when I'm doing nothing at all. People, to this day, will still call me a screaming validhunting cakehat-using EIEIEIIEEI memer. I barely come on the main server anymore because my mere presence is enough to get people riled up and angry. If I was unbanned I literally wouldn't even go on the main server because being on it never leads to anything but a shitshow, and I'm done with it. 

"but no matter what you've either completely ignored administrative warnings," I don't ignore administrative warnings, I take them into consideration and try to better myself from them. The only real thing I've had multiple problems with is "poor escalation", and it's always from some asshole trying to randomly start shit with me -- then I end up fucking them up. 

"or just keep to your little gang to rile up station drama for literally no other reason than because you don't care." What do you mean "little gang"? I don't understand this one. Are you accusing me of going around with people and just starting shit? I don't get it.

"you don't care." If I didn't care, I wouldn't be appealing right now. Just when I thought I finally got on the right path to becoming both a better player and person in general, you hit me with a permanent ban -- which really puts a damper on things. 

I hope this cleared some things up for you, thanks for reading again.

Jordan299f

Post by Jordan299f »

To be honest for the last few weeks Obscolene has been spending roughly 85% of their time on the extended server, doing nothing even remotely close to rule breaking, and hardly using memes at that. There's even some people who would constantly play with us on it who can vouch that what I'm saying is the truth. People mainly want them banned now because of what they have done in the past, so to those people I just wanna let em know one thing, people change. Believe it or not they do, and if you saw Obscolene now compared to how they have acted in the past, then you'd understand that they have changed, and for the better at that. I strongly believe this ban should be revoked.

Amiga

Post by Amiga »

While Obs can be a massive dick, they have been toning it down quite alot recentely, and has mostly stopped there validness. Like even the memes. Literally noithing. I agree with Jordan, they have changed, and there should be a review on their recent behaviour, not before.

A.Echard

Post by A.Echard »

Haven't been here for as long as other people, but I think it's worth throwing my two cents in. Obs and their character, Klara isn't like how they were when I came on. Memes have slowed down, doesn't validhunt as much. It seems that it was taking things from hearsay and not logs from people that have been holding a grudge against Obs instead of taking their current habits in mind.

tsun

Post by tsun »

Free Klara 2556. One of the more unique characters on the station and certainly better than 90% of the rest. He's been becoming better and better, and that this tendency shouldn't be strangled in its cradle just because people who have a grudge on obs talked shit on the discord behind his back and whispered sweet nothings into the ears of admins who were more than willing to take the opportunity to get rid of someone the community generally disliked.

Definitely worth to be given a chance.