Cw3040's ban appeal

cw3040

Cw3040's ban appeal

Post by cw3040 »

BYOND Name: Cw3040

Reason Banned: "Blatant metagaming as Captain, hid the HoS's laser gun at round start on secret. Admitted to doing so because it was blue shift, argued and refused to admit it was breaking the rules. "Hiding grand theft objective items because you know it's a secret round. Unacceptable." I tried, man."

Admin who banned: Darkseed

Length Banned: Permanent

Appeal Reason: new appeal reason: i want to play again (and people want me to play again) and realize what i did was probably rule breaking please have mercy or whatever

This simply is outrageous. This wasn't due to it being a blue shift, I:
-read the central command report, seeing that there were multiple possible threats
-noted that the Head of Security's personal laser gun is a highly valuable prototype weapon
-realized we have no HoS OR Warden (to promote to HoS)

and I didn't just hide the HoS's gun. I secured it in a "secure safe", which:
-cannot be moved
-isn't regarded as a reasonable storage location
-can be checked on periodically
-is generally a better storage location than a locker due to these factors

and the HoS's weapon was not the only valuable item I hid, I also placed
-the captain's spare ID
-the captain's jetpack
-the station charter
-the two-of-a-kind handheld teleporters
within the safe located in the Captain's quarters.

I responded in the way I did to the ahelps because I genuinely believe this is not a case of using OOC information in this situation. This is all IC information, either (what should be) inherent knowledge of a high-ranking command staff (the fucking CAPTAIN for fuck's sake) or was learned as the shift progressed. I see how this can be construed as a rule-break, however I still hold the firm belief that what I did should not be considered as such due to the above facts. I can accept the admin ruling that it was technically a rule-break for all intents and purposes, so long as this is enforced equally to all players regardless of note status, skill level, or role.
Last edited by cw3040 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dankseed

RE: Cw3040's ban appeal

Post by Dankseed »

Okay, so the only way that I'm accepting this is if you accept that hiding shit preemptively is against the rules. What you're saying is that you hid more steal objectives than just the laser gun. That's no bueno. All I ask is for the rules to be followed my dude. Do you plan on doing anything like that again in the case that your appeal is accepted? Do you realize that even though what you did wasn't technically hurting anyone that round, it still is against our rules, which exist for a reason.

tl;dr, leave high risks where they spawn unless it directly involves your role. For example, hiding the CE's magboots as Captain at roundstart would be a nono, but taking the hand tele from the teleporter rather than your office is ok.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Alright, let's start this show. I was observing round start, being an admin and all, when I watched you go to the HoS's office and open up the locker. Huh, that's weird, what're they doing that fo- oh, they took the HoS laser. Well, let's see what they do- oh they don't have it any more, maybe they picked it up by accident? Nope, not in the locker, must've hid it. Queue me looking for it before finding it shortly after. You then got bwoinked. This was not a 'salt ban' due to an antag not finding their objective, an admin actively watched you beeline for a traitor objective to hide it. You also did so with two OTHER traitor objectives, as you have admitted here. This is blatant Powergaming and Metagaming, both of which are outlined in our rules. You argued with Dankseed for fifteen to thirty minutes before telling them to ban you after they had been extremely patient with you. Taking into account the blatant rulebreaking, type of rulebreak, and history of such rulebreaks along with your inability to, even now, say you were in the wrong, I am totally in favor of this ban staying in place.

cw3040

Post by cw3040 »

Yeah i can deal with that, I won't hide steal objectives that aren't directly tied to my job.

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hi CW, here's my thought on your appeal,

First, I think that you didn't learn your lesson yet, you are still arguing about your ban reason, when you clearly broke the rules. You even argued with Dankseed about not breaking the rules for 30 minutes, even after you got warned to stop. Acknowledging that you broke the rules is the first step to improve as a player, and if you need us to explain to you how you broke the rules, we will gladly do so.

Secondly, coming back on the Citadel discord just to be passive aggressive about your ban reason is not really a good way to appeal your ban. I get that you're probably unsatisfied about your ban and only seeks to play on the server, but please do so gently. Telling Dankseed that the ban was a "Saltban" and trying to spread false information about our staff won't help you. You even claimed that he banned you because "He couldn't find his objective" when he wasn't even an antagonist.

I don't think you're ready to have your ban lifted, but I would consider doing so if you understand why you got banned in the first place and accept that it was for a good reason. I think you have a good potential, you also have pretty good knowledge of the game and even coded a lot for this community. It would be sad to lose a player with such talent, but if you keep arguing about your ban and being agressive about it, I do believe you should remain banned.

Cordially,
Last edited by Fractious on Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

cw3040

Post by cw3040 »

First, I swear to change my behavior on the server and admit that what I did can be construed as breaking the rules, since it can be construed that way. I'll not hide objectives that aren't tied to my job.

Second, I came on to announce my PR first, then OTHER PEOPLE began posting shit like "free cw" and shit, so I decided to make an appeal thread after salting a bit. That part I did not start. As far as the claims that cash wasn't antagonist, I was not fully informed on the situation and, given previous admin actions taken due to facing defeat, came to the conclusion that this is what happened. This is also why I hesitated to make an appeal the moment I ate the ban, since the odds were likely that it would be flat-out denied.

I understand why I got banned, and I understand the reasoning behind it (the rules explicitly forbid the act I performed, and I will not perform it again), but will not accept that the reasoning (and by extension, the rule; I will follow it but begrudgingly,) wasn't in some way flawed. If this means my appeal will not be considered any further, so be it. That's what it looks like, so I guess I'll just go back to /tg/ and stop thinking about this server like i was intending to in the first place.

cw3040

Post by cw3040 »

Actually never mind, I was mainly appealing to play on RP but it's still filled with drama so /shrug