Mewchild - Protean

Mewchild

Mewchild - Protean

Post by Mewchild »

Discord name: Apos#8640

Byond ckey: Mewchild

Job/Races you are applying for: Protean

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Atrophus

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Atrophus has been played for some time now as a station AI, bound to laws and locked away inside it's core. It's been a recurring theme with him that he's extremely interested in organics, often observing them, engaging in pleasant conversation. He's even gone as far as being put into an Intellicore, and placed within a hardsuit, that he could experience what it's like to have and to move with limbs. It's been a recurring theme, given all of this, that Atrophus is flirting with the tought of having a body of his own, and something fluid, morphic (as his holograms are, which already his main form of station interaction) would be an extremely attractive thought to him.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Proteans are a fully synthetic "species", and don't fall under the classification of species at all. They can be seen as an advanced form of full body synthetic. A protean is a swarm of nanites/nanomachines, acting together under the singular interest of a controlling computer. Proteans are very strictly regulated in SolGov space, requiring a permit for operation of their body in a swarm state. Outside of SolGov holdings, in Kitsuhana dominant areas, Proteans are rather common, as KHI citizens (insofar as KHI has citizens) aren't opposed to escaping their flesh to become digital entities. These individuals often assume a protean form, constructing bodies as needed from surfluid.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: A temporary or server ban, depending on the severity of the infraction, and a potential loss of whitelist status for the race in question

HazelBailey

Re: Mewchild - Protean

Post by HazelBailey »

I've seen you on the server for a little bit now, and you've been well enough behaved. You've got my +1

Zeldazackman

Post by Zeldazackman »

Aye mew's pretty damned decent and is one of the few folks that I trust more than enough.

Even made them a temp-min a while back for a half an hour to help in fixing an ore smelting machine that got fucked up due to someone playing with buildmode earlier in the shift, they sat there and redid the material tables for said smelter so that the miners could actually get their hard work turned in even after I said that it was alright if they couldn't figure it out (Swear it became more of a thing of honour/to prove themselves to... well themself at that point)

When all was said and done they got the ore machine working again and deadminned themselves, so yeah mew deff is getting an approval from me for being a good nerdo :heart:

Mewchild

Post by Mewchild »

In interest of full disclosure, I didn't de-admin myself. I stayed in the admin status for like 90 minutes, and answered a few tickets regarding mechanics and the like. This was when RP was still new, and players were confused on how Polaris Code worked :B

One of the headmins came by and basically told me "Alright, I respect your good work, but it's time to leave adminland"

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Hey you've already got your two approvals, seems good.

Just keep in mind in our canon, Kitsuhana has been thanos'd out of existence.

Moving to approved (when that's fixed and I actually can)

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Tfw BlackMajor didn't actually move this to accepted.

Mewchild

Post by Mewchild »

TFW I get an email about a closed thread