AvaricePleonexia Diona Application

AvaricePleonexia

Post by AvaricePleonexia » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Discord name: Avarice#1619

Byond ckey: Avarice_Pleonexia

Job/Races you are applying for: Diona

Name of the character you intend to be using (makes it easier for us to recognise and log): Fray In The Timbers

In the case of applying for a species, give us a brief summary of your character's backstory. This should give us an idea that you understand the lore of the species: Fray In The Timbers is a Diona gestalt who seeks companionship, and, the deepest knowledge therein lies within the soul of a person. Fray had earned its name working on, would you believe it, a timber mill. He had gained a respect for the lives of those he worked with, his massive size making him an obvious choice for working the logs into the saw blades. There was no specifc event that earned it, it's name, and the memory of the months shall live with Fray forever. It was a simple dispute. A dispute that wore away at the workers and their attitudes. The timber mill had been family owned and ran for nearly two centuries; the inheritor sought to sell the mill to a growing company and thusly the workers, some of whom had worked on that mill for a quarter of their lives, were understandably upset.

Fray, having emulated emotion all it's life, took on their depressive lows as well as their jubilant highs as his own. It was hardly his own fault that as the weeks dragged on and the deadline for the appropriation of the mill came to be, the frustrated workers grew even further agitated, as did Fray's own demeanor. It started slow, as all descent does, the people Fray once called friend, could hardly call it the same. Fray was never violent. Not unless it needed to be, and, that was usually when a particularly resilient tree didn't want it's trunk sawn in twain. It took a particularly down day of lacking in the ability to speak with others, generally avoided at this point by the people, that it clicked with Fray. It, when it first came aboard the team, had been an oddity to them, as they were to him. Both sought to understand one another, thusly, they treated him with respect, he emulated that respect. As the workers grew used to him, they treated him kindly, thusly, he treated them kindly. He no longer could speak to them. Frat wanted to speak to them, to learn, to be a companion. Why could Fray no longer speak to them? What changed? They treated it, and each other, with disrespect, thusly, he emulated that disrespect. Took what it hated, and, made it apart of itself.

Fray learned the interpersonal necessities to positive experiences with other people, emulate loyalty, emulate honesty, emulate kindness. Be the very thing one can only give and never take, respect. The diona gestalt left some time after the mill switched companies and took to the stars for life as a Security Officer, the coagulation of nymphs had grown to a considerable size to support the intense labor it had undergone, creating an intimidating figure, with a gentle soul. Perfect for Security.

Summarize the species. As evidence that you've looked into it: Diona, or Dionae plural, that've got three stages to their life. Seed, nymph and adult. Each stage self evident aside from adult wherein it is just a cluster of nymphs in a gestalt. They're slow, tanky, omnivorous and require light to survive. Very obvious stuff, nothing too noteworthy. The more important lore bits that actually make up the character involve core tenets of peace, compatibility and curiosity. They exist without a central government for their species, originating from the hellish landscape of the protosphere of a star. The only reason Dionae are present anywhere aside from their homestar, is due to the mining agreement made with the Skrell several years after a Skrellian mining expeditionary team discovered them. In exchange for mining the various rare gasses and minerals in the Epsilon Ursae Minoris system, the Skrell would take the Dionae Gestalts and deposit them in populated locations.

Most of what is known about Dionae come from what Skrellian scientists have discovered through testing, they feel pain in a different way than other species do, and more or less emulate emotions rather than create their own. They have no concept of personal space, and, unless taught, will be quick to feel up another person (not in that way, pervert) and be very physically close. The various nymphs apart of the Diona gestalt absorb information like sponges and will adapt, taking in the traits and personality quirks of those around them. This is merely a side effect of their inquisitive information-gathering and hoarding of said information.

Dionae have friendly relationships with nearly all species, most likely due to the fact that they have no need or want of money and instead seek interactions with other intelligent species. The Vox Primalis and Armalis treat Dionae with a sort of reverence due to the conglomerate nature of the gestalt that is starkly reminiscent of the Apex who run the Vox Arkships. Most importantly however, is their relationship to Nanotrasen being a positive one, openly exchanging star charts, planetary settlement deeds, and FTL engines for various services, as well as, many of the younger Dionae forming starship components, even whole ships out of their bodies.

What do you expect to happen if you use this race/job to violate any of the server rules?: I expect, based on the severity of the violation, the race to be stripped from me. At the very least, if I abuse the mechanics of the Diona to the point of violating server rules, I expect my whitelist to be removed and I can also expect a harsher punishment than if I had broken the rules as any other open species. The staff put their trust in me to play a character with substantial advantages (and/or disadvantages), for the purpose of better roleplay. This is a privilege, far from a right. I'd also expect that my ability to play certain jobs might also be restricted depending entirely on the type of offense. (Beating people to death as Security. Drugging people for no reason as any of the medical staff. Generally not playing at the roleplay standard of the server.) Furthermore, any abuse with this character, may also result in my ability to play antagonists revoked, if the RP round happens to have one.

HazelBailey

Re: AvaricePleonexia Diona Application

Post by HazelBailey » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am

I mean... You're an admin, and thus have full access to whitelisted races anyway. That being said, I'd give this a +1 with or without you being an admin.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: AvaricePleonexia Diona Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:06 pm

HazelBailey wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am
I mean... You're an admin, and thus have full access to whitelisted races anyway. That being said, I'd give this a +1 with or without you being an admin.
I made this before my Admin application got accepted. Seeing as how it's impossible to be one hundred percent sure (despite what everyone is telling you) I'd get accepted, I figured I'd best make it anyways. Asides, why not make an application and get a feel for what people think of your character? That, and, I learned so much about Dionae after having taken the time to read up on their lore, something I wouldn't have done (more likely would've skimmed over) and thusly have made a less believable character.

But, uh... thanks for the +1!

WarnerGom

Post by WarnerGom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 am

Hey there Nyaa, sorry for not posting sooner. Weve been backlogged with applications and restructure. We will keep your application open and be posting the updated admin guidelines shortly