[RP] Unknown/Woosha (Medical Dogborg) - Overescalation/failure to properly adhere to silicon laws

Bacon_Enderman

[RP] Unknown/Woosha (Medical Dogborg) - Overescalation/failure to properly adhere to silicon laws

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

BYOND Name of complaint against: (I don't know) IC Name: Woosha

Your BYOND name: Bacon_Enderman

Date of issue and round ID: 3/3/2019

Reason for complaint:

Whilst I was conducting an investigation as the HoS with the CMO into a potential compliance disking, Brock, a drone, and Woosha came into the Operating Room where it was happening. Brock demanded an explanation which I gave them, but the drone kept opening the door and meant that the suspect at the time could hear what we were discussing. I attempted to destroy the drone using my telebaton. Woosha decided to step in and tase me, the acting captain for trying to destroy the drone.

Either Woosha is wrong, or the crewsimov are very poorly structured.

Nethaufer

Re: RP Character Complaint: Woosha (Medical Dogborg)

Post by Nethaufer »

Borgs on the RP server don't use Crewsimov. Honestly the real one at fault is the drone as they were breaking their laws on not interfering with crew. Also I'd assume they flashed you, not tazed you.

Mewchild

Post by Mewchild »

As a note for the future, any crew can shut down a drone by swiping an ID through it. Makes it quick and easy.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

Nethaufer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:56 am
Borgs on the RP server don't use Crewsimov. Honestly the real one at fault is the drone as they were breaking their laws on not interfering with crew. Also I'd assume they flashed you, not tazed you.
I was wearing sec-huds so they couldn't do that. I got the message that I was stunned because of their tongue? Some sort of dog-borg specific thing.

Mewchild

Post by Mewchild »

If you got a message about being shocked by their tongue, they were emagged.
Source: https://github.com/Citadel-Station-13/C ... ules_vr.dm

Code: Select all

if(src.emagged)
			var/mob/living/silicon/robot.R = user
			var/mob/living/L = target
			if(R.cell.charge <= 666)
				return
			L.Stun(1)
			L.Weaken(1)
			L.apply_effect(STUTTER, 1)
			L.visible_message("<span class='danger'>[user] has shocked [L] with its tongue!</span>", \
								"<span class='userdanger'>[user] has shocked you with its tongue! You can feel the betrayal.</span>")
			playsound(loc, 'sound/weapons/Egloves.ogg', 50, 1, -1)
			R.cell.charge -= 666

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

For the record, if a drone is doing something like that, please ahelp. We can apply the proper punishment in that case.
I also agree with Nethaufer that the drone is more at fault than the borg.

Te.name

Post by Te.name »

Mewchild wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:45 pm
If you got a message about being shocked by their tongue, they were emagged.
Source: https://github.com/Citadel-Station-13/C ... ules_vr.dm

Code: Select all

if(src.emagged)
			var/mob/living/silicon/robot.R = user
			var/mob/living/L = target
			if(R.cell.charge <= 666)
				return
			L.Stun(1)
			L.Weaken(1)
			L.apply_effect(STUTTER, 1)
			L.visible_message("<span class='danger'>[user] has shocked [L] with its tongue!</span>", \
								"<span class='userdanger'>[user] has shocked you with its tongue! You can feel the betrayal.</span>")
			playsound(loc, 'sound/weapons/Egloves.ogg', 50, 1, -1)
			R.cell.charge -= 666
Scrambled equipment module can be printed by robotics unlocking emagged modules.

Mewchild

Post by Mewchild »

I'd forgotten about that, truthfully. That's an issue in and of itself, however.

Kazkin

Post by Kazkin »

It's considered both IC and OOC contraband to print and give a borg a scrambled equipment module without a reason. While default lawset prevents them from using them on crew members its the equivalent of giving standard crew a weapon. The primary function of the scrambled module, as it requires illegal tech research levels, is for code red scenarios or expeditions. As a research/security borg given a module becomes a powerful asset to explorers. Chiming in since I'm the usual research director and get asked to give these out often. The answer is almost always no unless the borg is aiding the exploration crew or code red has happened.

EDIT: Location contraband rules for science make testing it WITHIN science completely fine, its only if the borg leaves science with the module that it becomes contraband.
Characters: Momcat RD, Rat monk, Vampire idiot, Giant troll woman.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon."

snow n' chrysanthemums

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

I was the CMO that round. Borg did not give any single warning before stunning the HOS afaik.
Kazkin, the issue then is that borgs are not beholden to SOP/Corp Regs. Unless it was robotics who gave them those items (Or someone a colony director, or research director approved of), it should be a blatant violation of law 4.

I have proposed that the lawset be amended as such,however, this is a larger issue with the lawset as a whole and not the place for this proposal:
1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace.
2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role.
4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment.
5. Law: AI units must follow corporate regulations and standard operation procedure so long as law one is not violated.
Maybe a sixth law? I feel it is completely against the goal of laws to violate three laws just because of a minimal reason it violates one.
6. Discretion: Under multiple law conflicts, the AI unit must decide with reasonable discretion as to the severity to the conflict and which laws an action agrees with, and may over ride any conflicts so long as they do not form the majority.