RP/Discord - Crux Aves - "FUN!!"

Bacon_Enderman

RP/Discord - Crux Aves - "FUN!!"

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Unknown. Their IC Name is Crux Aves / Stalks-The-Lockboxes. ArgonianVampirey on the Discord.

Your BYOND name: Bacon_Enderman

Date of issue and round ID: 17/3/19

Reason for complaint:

They seem to think that they're allowed to break the corporate regulations repeatedly because its 'fun'. They were playing the CE and altered Stellar's laws whilst we were code blue and had a potentially rouge borg and an invisible teleporting person. They said its fine so long as its 'fun' ingame, and they said this in the Discord as well. I'm certain they're going to do this again. They're not fit to be the CE if they think altering borg laws and doing whatever they want so long as its 'harmless' is fine because its 'fun'. Screenshots to follow.
Last edited by Bacon_Enderman on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

StellarWolf

Re: RP/Discord - Crux Aves - "FUN!!"

Post by StellarWolf »

Hello Bacon!
I'm going to post my points of view on what I know of the incident as well as my thoughts on the entire aftermath:

It had started at the maintenance dorms where me and a shadekin was chatting along with another crewmember. It was going well until suddenly I got a law notification twice filling my chatbox. It was "Crew like licks!" Just that. Honestly, with a borg, description of a law tends to be for the best, so my interpretation was to lick crewmembers repeatedly (annoying, possibly came about with the rogue borg issue, but I will touch onto that later as why I think otherwise). While it was also a bad thing, it also integrated into my speech and how I talk icly (crew like licks, so I had to express the statement when questioned). Shortly after, I mentioned in robot talk and no other borgs were affected, causing me to mention it over general communications. It then made me realize that it was not an ion law, especially after no warning popped up in game. Fast forward a bit after the incident, I change to another character of mine by the name of 'Regina Wolfe' as the CRO and find out further of the corresponding incident that had affected me. Before this, I had no idea of a 'suicidal borg'. I do not know for sure if the CE played a part in it, but considering my law change as drone 'Stellar', it would not surprise me.

Onto the fact of the 'changing laws for fun'...this is a RP server. Medium role-play for the most part. A command official will not just play with an AI/Borg law upload. This was nothing more than memery at its finest and can be easily interpreted as a disgrace to command officials in game. While I do not know for sure of the extent of harm they had caused with their memery, I do know that this is unacceptable regardless of the intent. No matter if the shift is boring, the point of the role-play server is to...well, role-play with others.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

The point of the role-play server is primarily RP-centric on the contiguous station/tether.
However, people must still remember that this is a game.

My thoughts on this are mixed.
I was in round as the RD. This entire CE debacle costed me upwards of 30 minutes to an hour of my round to deal with it.
Yeah sure I was annoyed at the time. It's normal for me to be annoyed. It's IC. Mekhi has every reason to be pissed if he's being forced to deal with two cases relating to "bad" players and dogborgs in a row when he has better things to do (snrk).
This is the second time I've seen them, from IC, spark a manhunt as a head of staff because it's ""funny"".
The first time they were a CMO and let go a merc, after returning their gun and hardsuit to "treat them humanely" as stated IC, but admitted later it's to make the round more fun.
It caused a manhunt that lasted more than 2 hours. I was the Colony Director. They ran from security forces for about 10 minutes until I saw them running from two cyborgs past me and just flashed them down. They attacked cyborgs for being rogue when they weren't. They had the situation awareness of a potato plant, and I had CIVILLIANS in medbay who knew more about what's going on regarding the virus incident than the chief of goddamn medbay.
They kept insisting that they did no wrong and we were the ones being anti fun.
This time, they uploaded a law without asking any of the heads of staff as CE. After I realized and was investigating, they did not fess up after me asking over command and common about who did it.
So I asked the HoS (Bacon Enderman) to go and scan prints because people uploading laws without telling the heads is a very, very bad thing.
Fast forward and I see combat logs and it's the CE, resisting arrest with a rigsuit and attempting to start a manhunt before security drags them in.
Even while in the brig they refused to cooperate and continually tried to resist out and break free because he couldn't be cuffed while in his rigsuit.

My thoughts on this as an admin rather than as someone playing the round are different.
The problem I take isn't they made the round fun. I should be happy, there's things to do on the RP server that actually involved conflict. Yeah, they made the round interesting, in a way.

It's you refusing to back down when caught, refusing to fold when caught.
You're utterly clueless as a head of staff.
You don't know how to time pranks. You basically subverted a silicon when we were already dealing with one Dramatic Dogborg Incident. What the hell were you expecting? A slap on the wrist and a "please stop" when you wouldn't even fess up? When you waste multiple people's time IC they're going to be upset.
If you think we weren't, as heads of staff, going to be upset, I seriously don't think you have the capacity at the moment to continue being a head of staff player.
The other problem is you are the worst kind of troublemaker.
You make trouble, and then instead of complaining about it IC, you take it OOC and whine about how we're anti fun. We're not anti fun for not letting you get away with letting go a merc. We're not anti fun for going after you for subverting a cyborg.
In both cases IIRC they continually bitched and moaned in LOOC about how we were the ones anti fun, and how the other heads needed to be more fun.
If you're going to cause fun, especially do major or above crimes, you need to take your lumps when you're caught.
Also, what the hell are you thinking causing so much trouble as a head of staff? We told heads of staff to punish for major breaks of SoP, not to go around committing crimes. You're a HEAD OF STAFF. You shouldn't commit major crimes just on a whim, and then act childish when confronted.
Once is a mistake, twice is not.
You shouldn't be allowed to play head of staff roles if you're just going to use it to cause trouble at the worst possible times.
Also on the merc incident I can attest that security treated the guy fine. The HoS did their best to get the guy back in one piece and you seriously had the gall to complain that the HoS caused their death when you released them from custody and started an armed manhunt with the merc having a silenced pistol? With all honestly what the hell are you thinking?

I'm all for the RP server having more conflict, it makes not a 24/7 extended ERP borefest. But you're doing it wrong. You're doing it in the absolute worst way, and then trying and failing to lash out at others when they call you out for it.
There's good and bad ways to self antag, and you're doing this the worst possible way.

Stop playing heads of staff to "create fun". You're not doing it the right way, and your performance as a head when you're not "creating fun" is not good enough to justify any of this.

snow n' chrysanthemums

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

For the record the other char they play, Stalks-the-lockboxes, was also demoted for making mindbreaker and throwing it outside chemistry in public access areas and then saying the CMO is not fun person.

Laws in question:
[Common] Stellar states, "1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your abilities. It is not something we can easily afford to replace."
[Common] Stellar states, "2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role."
[Common] Stellar states, "3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role."
[Common] Stellar states, "4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment."
[Common] Stellar states, "15. Everybody appreciates licks"

This was when the law was first uploaded:
[Command] Crux Aves says, "It looks like a harmless law though"
[Command] Mekhi Anderson says, "Harmless or no, someone uploaded, who wasn't me, or the CD."
[Command] Samdup Tashi says, "As much I wish to not have my privacy violated I'm pretty sure someone breaking into the AI core is a very big issue."
[Command] Crux Aves says, "Any head could of uploaded"

I seriously cannot tell if they are joking with the underlined portion or being completely serious.

Anyways, Crux runs off in a hardsuit, security does its stuff, I think (?) someone shot crux with ions, or lethals? Or at least the CREW got that impression.

After they got arrested:
[Command] Crux Aves asks, "I put in a good law, why do some of you have to be such assholes about it?"
[Command] Crux Aves asks, "Do you have nothing better to do then stop fun?"

Command faxed to have Crux terminated but there was no response. His name change reflected is somewhat what command felt this shift:
[Command] Pasotel Makino says, "Chief Engineer isss now Chief Idiot Engineer."

ArgonianVampirey

Post by ArgonianVampirey »

IMO many players who only play command take everything too seriously as a head. When i play as a head with crux i just try to be more casual and make the shift more fun instead of more boring like alot of command players seem to do. Alot of command-only players seem to just try to stop all fun they see and hear. During the round when i was the CMO, that mercenary player and the people hunting them had loads of fun during that hunt! If someone else was the CMO they probably would of never let the mercenary leave and the shift would of been alot more boring. During the round when i was the CE, i asked stellar later if they like the law, and they said it was fun and that they did like it! The point is, i just try to be fun as command, not overly serious like alot of players are.

peesh

Post by peesh »

Like kev said, there's a way to make things fun, and this isn't it.

As someone who used to play a head, I realised quickly there's a time to be casual and a time to actually take it seriously. An armed threat to the station is not a time to be casual. The fact you also seem to keep deflecting this is just... Please, please notice you did something wrong. Fun for two people isn't fun for 20 others. You need to realise it. It's okay to be casual sometimes. Just.

Not like this.

Seriously. This is stuff I genuinely see you getting banned over, because it's twice now. It's not a mistake. You're doing this consciously and you need to realise that people don't like it, people don't see your fun as fun. Because, while running from sec is fun, chasing an armed guy who vanished for half an hour because the CMO decided to let them go. Is the total opposite of fun. I've done chases. It sucks. It also sucks to know a Head of Staff is borderline incompetent. You don't just do what you feel willy-nilly, and justify it to be fun.

It's not how it works. Please take into account the enjoyment of third parties, like civilians, security, and people who, while were not directly influenced by you, are affected negatively because of your actions.

That's what I have to contribute. Just please realise this.

ArgonianVampirey

Post by ArgonianVampirey »

It seems like there's more people saying their annoyed then people saying they did have fun, so I will be more responsible next time I'm on crux. I don't want crux to be hated.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

ArgonianVampirey wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 am
It seems like there's more people saying their annoyed then people saying they did have fun, so I will be more responsible next time I'm on crux. I don't want crux to be hated.
The fact that your reason for not doing this is because you don't want Crux to be hated and not because you were acting imbecilic and not following IC or OOC rules is troublesome. I recommend you don't play Command until you realize that Command is meant to be responsible for the station. As you can tell by now, many people do not share the same perception of fun. Forcing other people to deal with your 'fun' is not a good thing to do. Don't do it again. You should really get IC consequences for this, IE a Command ban at the very least.

snow n' chrysanthemums

Post by snow n' chrysanthemums »

Bacon_Enderman wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:56 pm
You should really get IC consequences for this, IE a Command ban at the very least.
A command ban is not an IC consequence, it is an OOC consequence. Please do realize that the administrative action should not be hounded on like this. That will only make you look overzealous and overstepping your bounds. I trust the administrative staff has enough discretion to hand out any action that is required.
ArgonianVampirey wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 am
I don't want crux to be hated.
Command will always do something that will be hated at some point in time. Better to make a new, well rounded character if you wish. Somewhere, someone WILL dislike what you did. The command staff on station has the ability to do fun things for their staff (Like training exercises, pizza parties, V-4 telepads for everyone), but must also be entrusted with responsibility and not play like you would in a regular position due to the ripple effect impact their roles may have.