[Main] Ragolution - Note Appeal

Drewfus

[Main] Ragolution - Note Appeal

Post by Drewfus »

BYOND Name: drewfus

Reason Noted: "Two counts violating 1st drone law (do not interact with other living beings) by buckling and cuffing a monkey to the chair so the Captain could beat it to death."
_
ragolution drone note.JPG
ragolution drone note.JPG (37.34 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
_
Admin who noted: Ragolution

Appeal Reason: Pardon me for waiting a while to write this appeal! After the incident happened, Ragolution decided to resign for a break, and it would’ve been better if I had posted this earlier when he was around. Having this note removed would clean my record of noteworthy offenses. Interacting with someone as a drone was a genuine mistake on my part. Sure I've played hundreds of hours here, but much like a lot of other ghost roles at that point, I had never really touched them. Seems very silly in retrospect how I'd fail to realize drone rules prevent interacting with any living being! Regardless, I still screwed up, but in no way did I have malicious intentions to breach drone law - it was a lapse of memory in the moment. Ever since, I’ve done what is appropriate for the role, and I believe this note is no longer an accurate representation since I understand what I did wrong, what I should do in the future, and have demonstrated that I can play a drone without incident.

Relevant Video: https://youtu.be/7vfbMU_DA-o (dramatic reenactment)

What happened:
-Soon after I decided to observe and join mid-round on a drone shell, I scurried into the bar.
-Typically Pun-pun is a nuisance, picking up stuff, attacking the chef. Zipties are a good solution.
-In a lapse of thought, failing to realize drones have different laws than borgs and are not supposed to interact with any living beings, I subdued the annoying monkey with zipties.
-Pun-pun was put in gay baby jail in the bridge. Coincidentally the captain was nearby, sword thirsty for the blood of monkeys. Interacting with either of them as a drone, however, is unacceptable, and Ragolution was right to place the note as an indicating warning not to do it again.

What should have happened:
-After deciding to join as a drone, I could have gone into the bar.
-Pretend that any being literally doesn’t exist, cleaning up the magically appearing blood ketchup.
-Walk away, not even acknowledging the monkey and refraining from interacting with anyone.

What I'll do in the future:
-Ignore every non-drone being, and not interact with the round directly or indirectly.
-I have played several rounds as a drone since this note without incident.
_
drone bar smol.jpg
drone bar smol.jpg (87 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
Very lackluster drone bar, but you get the idea!
_
Last edited by Drewfus on Wed May 15, 2019 9:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

HazelBailey

Re: [Main] Ragolution - Note Appeal

Post by HazelBailey »

Drew, you're honestly awesome, but I cant support this appeal. Mostly because as was said when we announced that notes could be appealed, we wont be appealing notes unless they're either untrue, poorly worded, or don't properly represent the situation. I'm sorry, but time alone wont get the note lifted.

Drewfus

Post by Drewfus »

Gosh, I'm sorry if including the caveat about Ragolution resigning made it seem I was trying to appeal the note based on time, that wasn't my intention!

Contrary to how the note is worded, I had no malicious intentions, and this note is no longer an accurate representation of me, as I explain.

MrJWhit

Post by MrJWhit »

You did something wrong, you agreed it was wrong, and so a note was made.
Making a funny video and saying you understand what you did wrong doesn't mean the note suddenly is invalidated. They exist as a snapshot of you at the time, who did make that mistake.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

No reason to remove this, going to have to throw my vote for denied

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

Sorry Drew, it's gonna have to stay. Moving to denied.