[Main] Perma Jobban - Appeal for chaplain Jobban

KeRSe

[Main] Perma Jobban - Appeal for chaplain Jobban

Post by KeRSe »

BYOND Name: KeRSe

Reason Banned: Had 'The Clockwork Cult' as chaplain religion and 'Ratvar And His Generals' as chaplain deity

Admin who banned: R3DTAILE

Length Banned: indefinitely

Appeal Reason: I am appealing this ban because i would like to be able to have access to the chaplain role again. Though I doubt it matters much, my opinion on the matter is that it should not matter what the set religion and deity are, so long as the player doesn't start self antagging or other similar acts. I would also like an explanation on how I'm "too passive" during clockwork cult rounds with it as my religion.
placeholder religion to be used until I can think of something better, and to help appeal the permaban.
placeholder religion to be used until I can think of something better, and to help appeal the permaban.
placeholder religion.PNG (1.87 KiB) Viewed 2894 times

geemiesif

Re: [Main] Perma Jobban - Appeal for chaplain Jobban

Post by geemiesif »

The thing is , as chap you have like 3 rounds that you are important to some degree : Wiz , Devil, and Cult of any sort. On cult rounds more than any other you are the guy who is going to help lead the religious crusade , converting the heretics , making sure people dont stray from the good religions. Why would NT hire someone who is ANY part of any the outlawed religion ? I do know often enough Chap is a bit of a meme, but the time for your amazing rp is to help fight the holy crusade , making sure sec has holy water , help deconvert people , find heretics , identify any runes etc. Playing passive as in just staying in the brig and blessing water as 'oh its part of the religion i follow so im not going active to fight them' is really bad and gimps the crew IMO. Please come up with an non place holder religion.

KeRSe

Post by KeRSe »

I'll see if i can think of something interesting to have set for the religion, but i dont see how staying in the brig to deconvert is an issue since most chaplains do the same thing. The only reason I in particular was doing so was due to technological issues, as the computer I was using previously had barely enough processing power to handle the game, and most of the time would crash when being attacked at any pace faster than the average simplemob. I thought it would be more beneficial in cult rounds to stay in a safe area instead of causing the crew to lose their main way of deconverting people. I also would like to point out that this was never an issue before the clockwork cult was placed back into rotation, with my main reasoning for using it as a religion was due to the fact that it doesnt revolve around killing the way blood cult does, and the fact that (according to security reports) NanoTrasen doesnt know what the cult is, but assumes the anomalies and unknown entity attempting to use the station as an anchor to arrive to be hostile, warning the station to be aware of crew members wielding inhuman abilities. In regards to being in the brig to deconvert during clockwork cult rounds in particular, I am almost always the one leading the charge during the last stage, and unless the cult has a massive amount on their side or are just skilled at combat and delaying in general, its usually a crew victory. I also always ask the HOP or soneone with access to an ID console to open a second chaplain slot so that there is at least someone who can be actively hunting for cultists. Another reason I'm generally not being aggressive with finding cultists is because of the fact that either one has access to weapons and armor that massively outweighs the kind available to chaplains unless mining is willing to part with an inquisitor hardsuit. The only times I've succeeded in killing anyone, cultist or not, is with RNG disembowels even with combat mode active.

KeRSe

Post by KeRSe »

heres the new religion I decided on.
Attachments
new religion.PNG
new religion.PNG (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2851 times

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Geemies made some good points. So, please try and be a little bit more active as chaplain. I didn’t respond earlier because your placeholder religion was not set in stone, since you said it was a placeholder. Your new religion is acceptable, and I can lift the ban. However, we can assume Nanotrasen knows what the cults are, after all. They have a Inquisitorial force. So that falls kinda flat. Either way, I’ll lift the ban.