[Poojawa] Maintainer Application

Poojawa

[Poojawa] Maintainer Application

Post by Poojawa »

Experience with Github: 4 years at this point

Experience with BYOND: 5 years at this point

Experience with SS13: Ditto to above

Experience on Citadel?(Main/RP): Pretty much only main, which would continue to be my only focus

Why do you feel like you'd make a good maintainer?: While active, I ensured that PR counts and issue reports were handled, admittedly with the occasional biased judgement in terms of balance.I ensured the game was kept reasonably up with back end ports and large scale syncs with TG.

I do not want in game administrative rank, as I know that would be several marks against my favor. I'd just need the coder rank to see runtime logs and likely apply patches.

I'll also hereby promise to ensure another maintainer is the judge of items that I would otherwise consider unbalanced. Cosmetic and bug fixes would be reviewed and approved with the single day's review time, or if there are critical fixes, they really ought to not be sitting there for weeks.

AvaricePleonexia

Re: [Poojawa] Maintainer Application

Post by AvaricePleonexia »

Previous:

I don't really know your work ethic cause I'm gay and don't look in Main Dev discussion. I also don't really know you Poojawa outside of you thinking I'm a tasty snack. So. I'm gonna abstain from voting either way.

Edit:

Yeah, no. I asked around a bit, and, you've got a horrible attitude; you might just be wanna the last people I wanna see become maintainer, whew. This doesn't have my support in the slightest. Glad I decided to do some research while I had a few minutes.

Cameron Lancaster

Post by Cameron Lancaster »

To help you out, Avarice, Poojawa is one of the main reasons Jay had to lock down the GitHub to disallow self-merges, because they refused to stop doing it over and over again. They also grudgeclosed bug reports based on their personal feelings about the affected mechanics (https://github.com/Citadel-Station-13/C ... ssues/6401).

I absolutely would not trust Poojawa with the power of a maintainer--because they've had it before and all too often abused it. Think carefully before you +1 the application of the ex-maintainer who regularly disregarded feedback, regardless of the way it was presented, and regularly condescends and demeans people who don't think the same way they do.

Poojawa

Post by Poojawa »

Github stats:
2019: 536 Contributions to Citadel
2018: 660 Contributions
2017: 296 Contributions
2016: 56 Contibutions

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

From the behavior I've seen I can't support this application. You're not a bad person, but the behavior I've seen myself just doesn't install confidence in me that you'll not let your emotions or feelings get in the way of possibly needed things. -1

RogueSteampunker

Post by RogueSteampunker »

From the last year and more I've seen, I cannot with clear conscious support this app. You've regularly shown yourself to be too prideful for your own good, have already burnt out and resigned from the position once before, and have regularly had conflicts and issues regarding development discussion with all matters of folk. You've never been able to take criticism, actively disregard other voices, and seem heavily biased to your own opinions rather the game itself, and barely appear online at that. -1

SectoidDan

Post by SectoidDan »

Your coding skills and contributions to this server are not in dispute, but your attitude and your approach to disagreements or conflicts are. I cannot support this application. -1

Fractious

Post by Fractious »

Hiya Pooj, seems like your app has been causing a lot of fuss huh?

I'll be entirely honest, you've 100% got the skills and dedication to be a maintainer yet again, that's already outta the scope. The only slight issue would be as the other mins already mentioned your past self-merging stories, and your quite zealous attitude against people who disagree with you. I also tend to dislike your game balance concept, but that's just personal bias.

This may shock my fellow admins, but I sincerely believe letting you a second chance would actually be a good idea. I've known you for what now... 5+ years now? And I think everyone deserves a second chance, if they actually show interest in improving/becoming better. If you actually are willing to improve your negative attitude toward people who disagree with your PR(s)/balance, I'd be 100% glad to +1 this app, despite the multiple -1.

I find it ironic that people are "-1'ing you" for burning out and resigning, yet they're all +1'ing Nicc who just made an application after burning out? You're probably one of Citadel biggest contributor(s) and I'd be more then glad to support you as a maintainer.

PS : Make emags great again.

Good luck with your app!
Fractious
Just try your best, and worse case scenario you will fail and learn.

Poojawa

Post by Poojawa »

I would like to remind folks to the last point of my application, to which I stated that anything I personally would disagree with, which has to date almost always balance related game play changes, would be entirely hands off from myself, and another maintainer would be the judge of the PR's validity. Be it some department tweak or another item change.

I do readily agree that I've gathered the grumpy old man about the good old days sort of reputation when it comes to the game's "Fun". this is why I specifically mentioned being entirely hands off for being too personally involved. It's no different of a separation between an admin playing an in game role being hands off of any admin enforcement to wrongs they're involved in.

Vincent Airin

Post by Vincent Airin »

Given the caveats you are willing to go through for the position, on top of what has happened in the pass, I'd say I'd be willing to give you a shot at coming back as long as you keep the banter down in regards to PRs and keep everything professional.
That said you would absolutely be held to the terms of your agreement in this regard and naturally self merging and snarky sass would get it revoked. All in all, a +1 from me.