[Jade Manique] suicide instead of cryo as CE

dzahlus

[Jade Manique] suicide instead of cryo as CE

Post by dzahlus »

BYOND account and character name: Dzahlus, Dee Volantes

Banning admin: Jade Manique

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): 2 days

Ban reason: Deliberate suicide as CE without cryoing or informing staff.

Your side of the story: I was the CE, doing CE things when my mother, who will leave the country for good in 6 months, called me if I wanted to go eat something with her, naturally I said yes so I dumped all my gear in my office and suicided to leave.

Why you think you should be unbanned: May sound dumb but it was kind of a heat of the moment thing, I forgot I have to cryo as head to free up the slot. I was just really excited to eat lunch with my mother and wanted to get off the PC as fast as possible, I have always ahelped when I have to leave as head but this time I just forgot. I'm really sorry about that.

Sylas

Re: [Jade Manique] suicide instead of cryo as CE

Post by Sylas »

For a bit mor context, I decided such a harsh ban due to their lack of remorse and disconnecting after the initial questioning on why.
The method of suicide was via supermatter, as well.

HazelBailey

Post by HazelBailey »

With that in mind, I'm in favor of letting the ban stick for now. I get your were preparing to leave to spend time with your mother, I fully get that, but suiciding as the CE by running into the supermatter isnt anywhere near acceptable.

dzahlus

Post by dzahlus »

I'm really sorry, I mentioned I completely forgot to ahelp or even cryo, I dumped by gear and ran into the supermatter I genuinely forgot I'm not allowed to do this on citadel, I play on other servers like Beestation where someone spamming CBT and then getting killed and cremated is a normal occurance. Or a hop giving out AA during blueshifts and then getting lynched by the heads because everyone has armory guns and is killing eachother etc. If the bans stays I'll accept it, I just want you to know I did this in a span of one minute, I got the call, I dumped my gear, I ran into the sm and immediately disconnected without any thought.

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 »

I think their ban should at least be dropped to a timed one, as they're usually a pretty decent head of staff player. It's silly to keep it permanent.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

I'm in favor of making it a temporary one, they aren't a bad CE, they just had something pop up irl and dealt with leaving in one of the worst ways possible for a head, or the station given how moody that crystal is

BlackMajor

Post by BlackMajor »

Ah I see this hasn't been resolved yet.

Those conditionals are understandable, and your note history does not have any relevant notes about poor form as a head of staff.
If it was adjusted to a temp ban, it may have been a month. Which it's already been. So i'm lifting it now instead.