mario2700

[BlackMajor] Mario2700 Note amendment appeal

Post by mario2700 »

Byond Account: Mario2700
Character name: Mary Mayhem

Noting admin: BlackMajor
Note type/Duration: Note for essentially forever

Note reason: giving up antag role incorrectly

My side of the story: I spawned in as an Internal Affairs Agent (IAA). I remembered how much I hated its chaotic nature but I hadn't disabled it in my menus. I went to security, Having bought nothing from my uplink and keeping my uplink locked to prevent any access to it, to turn myself in. The officers, in LOOC suggested I see an admin about this instead of taking this action, But I was messaged by BlackMajor before I sent an ahelp out. I explained that I didn't want to play as an IAA and they drop podded me. I was eventually revived and lived out the rest of the shift like normal. Citadel normal. I received a note that read as follows:

2019-08-31 06:11:44 | CitadelStation | BlackMajor

Roundstart turned themselves over to sec, unironically, because they hate IAA. Kinda spoiled the gamemode right there and then. Consider antag banning them on it.

Why I think I should be un-noted: I don't. I just want that last part about antag banning removed. I made a mistake. I fixed it the wrong way and got an admin involved. I don't want the next admin to read my notes going "Hm you've got a record on you. You cant have fun anymore". and NO I don't plan on going out and maxcapping dorms or anything like that, But as this incident shows, Things happen. That one part of the note paints me in such a horrible light, I don't think I deserve that.

Redtail

Re: [BlackMajor] Mario2700 Note amendment appeal

Post by Redtail »

That last part of the note is mostly for admin usage. The note itself is pretty solid and I believe it should stay as is. IAA members spilling the beans that it's IAA is a pretty major offence , since it really does ruin the round for the rest of the IAA members.

And notes aren't going to be interpreted like that. (Hell, maxcapping dorms is even sometimes allowed if your target's there). There's a lot more taken into account when it comes to deciding to ban someone, such as the actual incident at hand, the context surrounding the incident requiring admin action, and of course, how pertinent your past history is to the present incident. It's hardly ever such a cut and dry thing.

Trojan_Coyote

Post by Trojan_Coyote »

Noting for possible antag ban is completely reasonable. You turned yourself in and straight up spoiled the game mode for everyone else.

mario2700

Post by mario2700 »

I didn't spoil the mode at all. I didn't even let on that I was IAA. All I said was that I was dangerous. IT SURE ISNT ratting out a cult three minutes into a round. Im asking that you remove the last part of the note because an admin is going to take that the wrong way, is that such an unreasonable thing to ask for?

Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Admin usage text in notes like that are mainly for specifying what the admin considered when applying the note. It's interpreted by admins, as we have many admin-usage text bits like this across many notes, as more or less "I considered antag banning them for this, but I didn't. If an extremely similar thing happens again, include my past judgement."

The simplest way to work with this note is to just avoid the exact same thing again.
To resolve this I've inserted a link to this thread into the note itself.