[Ragolution] Ssscratches - Main/Both ban for underage

CydiaMoff

[Ragolution] Ssscratches - Main/Both ban for underage

Post by CydiaMoff »

BYOND account and character name: Ssscratches, Cydia

Banning admin: Ragolution

Ban type/duration (where you are banned from and for how long): Permanent

Ban reason: Underage

Your side of the story: Well, I was underage.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Considering I turned 18 barely a month after I was banned and it's been about 6 months and the admin whom I told I was underage I have recently got into contact with (lordheichou) and apologized for everything, they told me to try to appeal again so here I am, I can provide ID to prove my age in a discord DM or Private Message here (Cydia#9006)

madamheichou

Re: [Ragolution] Ssscratches - Main/Both ban for underage

Post by madamheichou »

Me here to say that yes, Cydia and I have made up over what happened and I'd say we're friends again, if that helps with the admin decision at all.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

I’ve been asked to take a look at this and out of fairness I’m going to do my best. Frankly, I was always of the mind that the most offended party should have the majority say so for an appeal of this sort. That individual being Heichou. If they have anything more to say in regard to this appeal, other than an confirmation of what was already declared, I would give most credence to that. Short of that I’ll attempt to get things moving, since appeals seem to take ages. I don’t think there is any real way to forgive being lied to especially of this magnitude. That’s a pain and a insult all in one, but that shouldn’t mean that a person should be ostracized and forgotten forever. Given the length of time since the initial events and the length of the ban I dare say that plenty of punishment has been passed and if we’re to ever give them another chance why give an arbitrary amount of time beyond whats already been served? Unless the intention is to delay a final ruling, a ban longer than what has already been served is somewhat pointless. What logical reason is there to wait more unless to delay simply saying no for good? I think it would be polite to make that final decision now, or allow the appeal now instead of pushing the issue away for a later time. Cydia clearly has a vested interest in the server and a desire to rejoin its community. No doubt many of the players they knew during their time playing are gone, and them rejoining may not be as impactful as some would make it out to be. I know many are opposed to ever lifting this ban, but all the same Id hope this process can be expeditious, favorable, and fair as possible given the history and time associated with them.

DiscordWizard

Post by DiscordWizard »

My two cents on this are that if they are proven of age now, have a clear interest in rejoining citadel, and have made amends with the people that were the most affected by it then it's fine to be lifted up. Correct me if any rule says no, haven't really seen undareged-turned-adult appeals that much.

Vincent Airin

Post by Vincent Airin »

I'm going to lay this all out here: from me, this is something I would absolutely say no to.

For starters, Heichou is not the only victim here in this scenario. You put many people at risk, no less than a half dozen players being quite forward with worry about time spent RPing with you. Not to mention you put the server at very tangible, very real, legal danger with your stunt; all for your own satisfaction and desires.

There are some lines out there that you simply do not cross, this is one of them, and I firmly do not believe a simple apology and a declaration that you are 18 now is sufficient in over looking such actions. Personally I do not see under-aged bans being viable options in the first place for these reasons, and would like to remind fellow staff that this sets president for further under-aged bans.

CydiaMoff

Post by CydiaMoff »

I'd see what I can do to talk to those people too, but most if not all have completely started to ignore me, if this is more of an issue to you, whom I don't know and would like to, we can talk hard feelings away. I feel like I've waited long enough for sore wounds to heal and if not I can at least attempt to make things right, thank you.

Ragolution

Post by Ragolution »

Love you Vince. Said a lot of the things I'm going to reiterate, here.

If this unban appeal went through, I would be so heavily disappointed.

Ignoring this 'rule' is truly and egregiously violating the trust of the community- not the admins- not those people who you 'roleplayed' with. This is like expecting to get removed from the Sex Offender registry because you haven't molested anyone recently. I know that's a really disgusting comparison, but I think it's necessary to illustrate how terrifying this is: Do you understand how hazardous it is to think Citadel has underage players on it, roleplaying sexual and erotic scenarios? If I was still on the server I would be very afraid of accidentally stumbling upon someone of that very description and jump ship as soon as i can. Your very presence on the server, before coming of age, proves you do not care about the community, its rules, or the people who run it, as you're clearly willing to risk the server itself for some kind of personal interest.

I, for one, don't envision a future where Citadel is either a honeypot for people finding themselves on the sex offender registry or for 14 year olds who clearly have no iota of a care for its well-being. I would never budge a centimeter on this ban, or any ban like this, and anyone considering passing it should reconsider their personal biases.

Granted, as ex-staff my opinion is meaningless, I was only tapped on the shoulder to share my opinion by an active Staff member, so here I am.
If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Nethaufer

Post by Nethaufer »

I really, really do not think this should be lifted. For the reasons already mentioned, and I have not much more to add.

Redtail

Post by Redtail »

Ragolution hit the nail on the head. You put a lot of people in danger with your behavior. So what if people have moved past what you did? It's still not okay, and I can't in good faith move to allow this ban to be lifted. If you came out allll the way in the beginning of when you joined Citadel and admitted to it, it'd be one thing. But that's not what happened.

You kept it secret for a while , only eventually divulging the truth. That's willful intent to mislead, and that's hurtful as hell to the community at large. People can move on and heal, but the scars remain as a reminder . Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us. We'd be doing a disservice to Citadel at large to allow this ban to be lifted, and it sets a horrible precedence. That precedence being ' I lied about my age for a while, but i'm of age now, and the person who I was closest to during it forgave me. Plus, people who knew me have forgotten and/or moved on. I can come back now , right?" That's dangerous. Too dangerous to allow to happen.

CydiaMoff

Post by CydiaMoff »

I don't understand how me coming back with proof of ID that I am of age is "too dangerous". No one can get into legal trouble anymore now that I am of age, unless you still believe I'm not, but if I wasn't, I wouldn't appeal? I don't understand why you don't trust me so much, We used to be friends.
Last edited by CydiaMoff on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.