[Auris456852] Slybrowngote -job ban for hair dye/slipping as clown

slybrowngote

[Auris456852] Slybrowngote -job ban for hair dye/slipping as clown

Post by slybrowngote »

BYOND account and character name: Slybrowngote as Honko Bonko

Banning admin: Auris456852

Ban reason: Banned from Clown - After the long list of notes and warnings they already had, proceeded to do a prank with quantum hair dye... Which, sadly, cannot simply be washed out and is frustrating to undo. Also did some things with remotely accessing APCs, while having no idea what they're doing for some god damn reason. If you feel this was done in error, write an appeal on the forums

Your side of the story: hello, I have been playing on this server for a while, most of the time as a clown, during this time the stuff I have been doing the most is slipping people, I got a note once for slipping with bluepeel bananas as it was considered dangerous so I stopped, then I got another for slipping during a red code, after that one I always made sure that if I slipped, it was a greenshift or no current threats going on, I admit slipping is annoying or can be seen as "grief" so after last note for regular slipping people in hallways, in which I was told to find a "new gimmick or play another role" I decided to ask the chemist for some dye and I went around changing people hair color (first time I have been warned about this, by the way), after which I got an admin pm as it is apparently "cannot simply be washed out and is frustrating to undo", after which I got job banned from the clown role

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think is a pretty minor offense and I've show that once warned I have stopped doing "grief" things, aka lubing up the place, to the point of not even using bananas, hair dye didn't seem like that big of a deal and seemed like a really mild clown prank, so is rather unfair to be job banned for such a thing, anyways, that's my two cents

edit to add this was in the main server, not the rp one

auris456852

Re: [Auris456852] Slybrowngote -job ban for hair dye/slipping as clown

Post by auris456852 »

Of course you'd make an appeal about it... Well, here we go.

All these things you mentioned have been over the course of about 3 weeks, and the job ban isn't even permanent - it's literally 3 days. I agree, getting job banned over a prank about hair dye and a supposed misunderstanding (regarding the APCs) is frustrating... However it is that you got a console to remotely access those in the first place.
That said, one of these accrued in the past 3 weeks, one also coincidentally a bit under 3 days before the job ban, was a last warning for the very clown behavior you mentioned. It wouldn't be a last warning if I let it slide anyway - it'd be like a landlord letting someone off with a last warning for putting posters everywhere, then only giving them another warning because they brought a pet in the next day - probably not how we should do things. So, I just gave you what basically amounts to a slap on the wrist.

It's great that you stopped with the bad slips and falls and I'm sure I told you as much in the PM proper. But, while the punishment will lift itself in a bit and leave only a note in its place, I cannot lift it prematurely.
Do remember when it's all done, though, that pranks are often much less funny for the victims when the results are difficult to reverse. Sure, genetics can reverse it, but they'd need to know the previous exact hair color or have a scan of the person before the incident to do so perfectly.

HazelBailey

Re: [Auris456852] Slybrowngote -job ban for hair dye/slipping as clown

Post by HazelBailey »

Banning admin has denied this, and it'll lift itself soon anyway, if it hasnt already. Moving this to denied.