Ban appeal

scrubs2009

Ban appeal

Post by scrubs2009 »

BYOND Name: Scrubs2009

Reason Banned: Throwing foam grenades

Admin who banned: Subtumaka

Length Banned: Permanent

Appeal Reason: I'm confused. What rule did I break?
Last edited by scrubs2009 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruby Flamewing

RE: Ban appeal

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

We'll start off simple. Why were you spamming ten-million goddamn metal foam grenades for no reason, locking up the server with the nonsense it was creating, all as a non-antag?
It is only waffer thin.

scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: We'll start off simple. Why were you spamming ten-million goddamn metal foam grenades for no reason, locking up the server with the nonsense it was creating, all as a non-antag?
Because I thought it was funny working with the mime to spew foam everywhere. If you would have told me to stop I would have.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Well, since you were locking up the server, were the only one actually setting off the grenades, and your past history of poor conduct, you got ruled as just having the ban reapplied - didn't help that, the moment you got caught, you ghosted, rather than face the music.
It is only waffer thin.

scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: Well, since you were locking up the server, were the only one actually setting off the grenades, and your past history of poor conduct, you got ruled as just having the ban reapplied - didn't help that, the moment you got caught, you ghosted, rather than face the music.
I gave the mime a couple boxes. And again. Why didn't you just ask me to stop or say "Please do not do that". My ping is so high normally I couldn't tell that the server was lagging.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Because, apparently, when you got caught, you ghosted. On top of that, you immediately joined AS A LAVALAND CONVICT. So your ckey had to be found via checking the Player Panel to find out why your ghost was suddenly missing from your body and not floating around somewhere.
It is only waffer thin.

scrubs2009

Post by scrubs2009 »

Ruby Flamewing wrote: Because, apparently, when you got caught, you ghosted. On top of that, you immediately joined AS A LAVALAND CONVICT. So your ckey had to be found via checking the Player Panel to find out why your ghost was suddenly missing from your body and not floating around somewhere.
No, I mean why did you not tell me to stop when you first saw me doing it? I would have. I ghosted because I didn't want to sit in perma for the rest of the round. I wasn't trying to hide my ckey by joining as a lavaland convict.

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Because by time we realized the server was slowing down for everyone, and the reason why, you'd already set off at least 30. Besides, common sense, man - if the server has to load a ton of nonsense, it slows down for everyone. Just because you have a bad connection doesn't mean that you should forget that others might not have a bad connection that day.

At the end of the day, it was a rather shite thing to do, first off, and your only answer for it was because "I didn't know it was slowing the game down for everyone else" is pretty poor, given the fact that you were brought back not even a month ago, proceeded to screw up bad enough to get a week Security ban that only lifted not even a week ago, and with the length of time you've played this game in general, should know better in terms of how you should act.

So if any admins want to accept your appeal, that's on them - but from me, your history of actions on the server, and this latest incident...well, you can probably already guess my decision on the matter.
It is only waffer thin.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Posting a ban appeal for a round in progress like this is IC in OOC.

I'll take a more thorough look at this when the round is over.
ex-headmin

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Admins should probably have contacted you prior to banning you. It seems obvious to me that randomly clogging up the entire station for no reason is a rule one violation, but since the grenades were technically harmless and didn't really require specialized gear to clear, I can see how you might think it would be okay. Doesn't mean it is, but it's one of the more creative and less shitty """pranks""" I've seen.

You still seem to have terrible judgement when it comes to determining what is and isn't acceptable though, so I'm inclined to leave this ban in place for now.
ex-headmin