Ban Appeal.

derkuleen

Ban Appeal.

Post by derkuleen »

Beyond name: Derkuleen (playing as Desamus Kwarm)
Ban reason: Firebombed public area (IED detonated in my hand outside of botany when i accidentally lit it too soon.)
Admin: my ban simply list "Banned by host" I'm not 100% sure who exactly it was.
Length: Perma-Ban

Appeal argument:

First i would like to state that no one was harmed or no important equipment was damaged. In this particular game session (it was extended) all but on of the medical staff was off somewhere doing god knows what (id imagine they were off in the dorms doing you know what), there was no cook, the station was in havoc, HoP was locked in the kitchen freezer, security wasn't doing anything to stop problems, and people were so bored they were attacking them selves with spears in order to kill them selves. Now, as the station was getting to be incredibly boring and broken i wanted to blow my self up with an IED as an easy way to switch over to playing pAI or ghost around. when i went to detonate, off away from everything I activated it too soon causing me to blow up in the hallway instead of away from everything. This is the background for the situation at hand.

My defense would be that, as a new player, I didn't realize how serious an action this was. I could understand the ban if i in some way messed with the other peoples game experience but i dont think i did that I only affected my self-at least that was the intent. I would also say in my offense that my actions dont warrant a permanent ban I REALLY enjoy this server and the people on it. Ive come to acquaint my self with a number of people on the station and i would like to continue to play with them in future games. As a final point of defense i would say-according to your own rules my action would warrant a "griefing" temporary ban or a "major rulebreaking" temporary ban. 

Thanks for seeing to my appeal-I know that im not beyond consequences but i also believe in just treatment not in excess of the action. I can guarantee that i wont mess around with IED's on the station when there isnt a reason to do so in the future, but i first have to have a chance to PROVE that by being allowed back on the server.
I turn coffee into passing grades

Ruby Flamewing

RE: Ban Appeal.

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

See, the thing was, you wanted to die, so you lit an explosive device that, when I saw it blow up, you had one or two folks around you at that time. Usually, folks don't do that without one reason in mind: griefing. Grenades hurt, after all. Coupled with your answer of "I'm trying to die", and subsequent act of spacing yourself immediately afterward, didn't say anything good for you - especially since there was that easy answer of spacing yourself in the first place. You didn't NEED the IED to try and suicide with.
Plus, folks who wield that excuse tend to suicide when confronted on their attempts at "suicide" that damage crew and station, and find the fastest way to die possible to make pinning any sort of note or ban on them harder.

So maybe I was a bit hasty by treating it like every other case before it, and given the fact that you actually took the time to make an appeal...well, holds more merit than all the folks that did similar things in the past. I'll try to turn it into just a few days tempban, but I'd highly suggest thinking about your actions ahead of time. If, at any point, you think something might break or bend the rules any, it probably will, so better to not do it at that point - or, better yet, if you don't know for sure? Ask an admin.

Oh, and IEDs have a detonation timer of 3-8 seconds, randomized with each one primed. That's why they're rather risky to use, because >improvised
It is only waffer thin.

derkuleen

Post by derkuleen »

Thank you, I believe this decision falls more in line with the justice my actions deserved. I mean the amount of bullfuckery that goes on in the game is so immense it can be hard at time to know what is over the line, and why constantly asking what is and isnt ok can be annoying ill do better to ask before committing to extreme bullfuckery. Any who-thanks for not completely ending my brief adventure in playing space station 13 i still have blobs to kill.

Also I have to say im impressed by the speed of your reply, gotta commend that
Last edited by derkuleen on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I turn coffee into passing grades

Ruby Flamewing

Post by Ruby Flamewing »

Well, it would've been faster, but I ended up being a traitor MD when you filed the appeal, so I had to try and handle this and do the job of MD with people dying left and right at the same time. Fun stuff, though.

Don't think anyone suspected me to be a traitor, since I spent 90% of the round in Medbay, doing my job. xD
It is only waffer thin.