Banned for 7 days circa.

xLittlepip

Banned for 7 days circa.

Post by xLittlepip »

Uhh... Hello...? I hope someone sees this... Hello this is XLittlepip or Aisha Remedy/Faith

BYOND Name: XLittlepip

Reason Banned: E-rp as a borg during secret round (I am paraphrasing)

Admin who banned: Worglisk

Length Banned: About 7 days

Appeal Reason:
So yeah... Hello.. I don't really know where to start.... I suppose explaining what happened.... So I am fairly new to SS13 and to be fair i have not read all the rules only the first 10. Now with that said here's what exactly happened...
 I was ERPing as a borg and received a message. Not being sure of the nature of it I just ignored it... After a bit i found my self locked in prison so I figured it was some sort of RP and in that moment I really had to leave home so I just decided to close my PC i figured that if someone was angry at me I could have explained it in the next shift.. But yeah... Now I am sorry I misunderstood the nature of the message but... Are we sure that a 7 days ban for something like this is... fair? 

Also, sorry for my broken English....

Edit: My hopes are to either be unbanned.... or at least have it changed to a more reasonable ban length? And sorry again....
Last edited by xLittlepip on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subtumaka

RE: Banned for 7 days circa.

Post by subtumaka »

Now I wasn't in this incident but from what I saw. I dunno what you're not understanding in the messages.
The messages sent to you were exactly: Why are you ignoring Law 2? (This question I understand would be confusing if you haven't read a lick of what cyborg are)

Followed by: "Can I get a response please?" I dunno what's not to understand about this. They were clearly asking for a response.
Then you were adminprisoned.

And then: "I'm still waiting for a reply" At this point I don't know what you're still confused by. You could have replied and asked what he meant by that and the admin would have been glad to explain it to you. I'm not sure how to explain this in a way that would seem like it was RP for an admin to message you twice, move you somewhere and then continue to ignore their third message.

Well the 7day ban is for disobeying law 2 as a cyborg, ignoring admins over the course of a several minutes as he asked you repeatedly and then leaving without a word.

xLittlepip

Post by xLittlepip »

subtumaka wrote: Now I wasn't in this incident but from what I saw. I dunno what you're not understanding in the messages.
The messages sent to you were exactly: Why are you ignoring Law 2? (This question I understand would be confusing if you haven't read a lick of what cyborg are)

Followed by: "Can I get a response please?" I dunno what's not to understand about this. They were clearly asking for a response.
Then you were adminprisoned.

And then: "I'm still waiting for a reply" At this point I don't know what you're still confused by. You could have replied and asked what he meant by that and the admin would have been glad to explain it to you. I'm not sure how to explain this in a way that would seem like it was RP for an admin to message you twice, move you somewhere and then continue to ignore their third message.

Well the 7day ban is for disobeying law 2 as a cyborg, ignoring admins over the course of a several minutes as he asked you repeatedly and then leaving without a word.
I'm... Sorry for what happened I didn't even know what was going on because I was alt+tabing back and forth. I then found my self in the prison and had to leave because i had no time to reply... I am sorry... I never wanted to be disrespectful... But there's no excuse for my ignorance i suppose... I'll see you in a week i guess?
Last edited by xLittlepip on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

I really don't see how you failed to respond to "can I get a response please", if you could clear up why or how that happened I would feel more comfortable with lifting or reducing this.
ex-headmin

xLittlepip

Post by xLittlepip »

Kenzie wrote: I really don't see how you failed to respond to "can I get a response please", if you could clear up why or how that happened I would feel more comfortable with lifting or reducing this.
I never saw that message because at that point i suppose i had already shut down my pc... As for a better timeline of the events... I started E-Rping and after a while received a message. I thought that was someone trying to drag me into another RP so i just decided to ignore it... After a series of Alt+tabbings i found my self in prison and then had to leave.... I never wanted to be disrespectful... Had i known that it was a message from an actual Admin i would have answered straight away... Like I mentined i am new to Byond in general. I barelly know how to send a message in "robotic signals...." ... S-Sorry again...

Edit. I reread the rules and... I broke Rule 8 part 8... Sorry....
Last edited by xLittlepip on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subtumaka

Post by subtumaka »

I don't know how this looks like someone trying to drag you into a RP
Its big, red and says ADMINISTRATOR PRIVATE MESSAGE

xLittlepip

Post by xLittlepip »

subtumaka wrote: I don't know how this looks like someone trying to drag you into a RP
Its big, red and says ADMINISTRATOR PRIVATE MESSAGE
I thought it was sent from the ship AI... Sorry again...

Edit. I really need to read with more attention....
Last edited by xLittlepip on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

subtumaka

Post by subtumaka »

Alright let's stick to a professional format here. And lessen down with the use of ellipses (...) and Stutter text (st-stutter). This is a professional appeal after all.

Let us recap so far what happened. 

You stated you didn't understand what the messages meant. We explained the meanings to you as well as the logic of this siutation.

You then stated that it was part of an RP. A picture posted clearly shown that it was a message from an administrator, the administrator name and the fact that it required an reply by clicking the administrator's name in blue.

And now you are saying that you thought it was from the AI. AI is an Artificial Intelligence.
Not to mention that the message shows that is not an incharacter thing. 

(Also ship? Ship?! It's a station dude)

But I'm just here to clear things up. You'll have to wait a bit, since the Mod and Admin who were involved in this are asleep.

xLittlepip

Post by xLittlepip »

subtumaka wrote: Alright let's stick to a professional format here. And lessen down with the use of ellipses (...) and Stutter text (st-stutter). This is a professional appeal after all.

Let us recap so far what happened. 

You stated you didn't understand what the messages meant. We explained the meanings to you as well as the logic of this siutation.

You then stated that it was part of an RP. A picture posted clearly shown that it was a message from an administrator, the administrator name and the fact that it required an reply by clicking the administrator's name in blue.

And now you are saying that you thought it was from the AI. AI is an Artificial Intelligence.
Not to mention that the message shows that is not an incharacter thing. 

(Also ship? Ship?! It's a station dude)

But I'm just here to clear things up. You'll have to wait a bit, since the Mod and Admin who were involved in this are asleep.

I'll repeat the full recap possibly in a more understandable way (sorry for my broken English.)

I started E-Rping as a borg... I received the "Odd Message" which i didn't read fully beucause i thought it was probably the AI station. I Alt+Tabbed back and forth because i had to do stuff (and probably missing some messages) until i found my self in a cell. At that point I didn't have enough time to even say goodbye or explain my self and I shut down the PC. This is it.. I came to knowledge that those were Admin messages only when i logged in few hours ago... I never wanted to hurt anyone or be disrespectful... All I am asking is for a reduction of the ban length because overhaul I broke the Borg-Law 2 and Rule 8.8... As for the "ignoring the admin warnings" I didn't know what those were even because I didn't read them with enough attention and then left.
Last edited by xLittlepip on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

xLittlepip

Post by xLittlepip »

Bumping thread