AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BOY DO I LOVE THIS

Bacon_Enderman

AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BOY DO I LOVE THIS

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

BYOND Name: Bacon_Enderman

Reason Banned: "Greifing"

Admin who banned you: ThingPony (Yet again)

Length Banned: 7 Days

Appeal Reason: This has been the what, fouth time I've been banned? Seven days is too long. Honestly.

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-ThingPony: Killing yourself is one thing, attacking people in a mech is another
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

PM to-Admins: You let me kill her, then you ban me. You could have told me not to.

You have been banned by thingpony.
Reason: Accumlation of Tickets, Lastest infraction : Griefing on the shuttle while it was inroute to centcom. Was in a durand with his buddy who was in a gygax and almost I did kill someone killed someone before admins interviened without warning. Next time, wait till the actual end of round, and if someone else starts it ahelp it.

This is a temporary ban, it will be removed in 10080 minutes.

So  what happens is, I kill someone on the shuttle, thinking that it isn't canon, and ThingPony bans me without telling me before that I wasn't allowed to. I was under the impression that this person had repetedly killed and or kidnapped someone. I also feel like I got two or three tickets at once for IC in OOC one time. And why do tickets for different offenses accumilate? IC in OOC and Greifing is different. Not only that, but there are random people killing and spacing each other in rounds before, and the admins only seem to be paying attention to the guy with a large amount of tickets, only due to a small scale offense. Like for fucks sake.

AGuyWithAStache

RE: AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN BOY DO I LOVE THIS

Post by AGuyWithAStache »

What do you mean by 'it isn't canon'? Also what gave you this impression they Repeatedly Killed and Kidnapped someone? Was there no security to handle any law broken? why was it so necessary to kill someone who you probably had no actual proof had done anything they were accused of and simply was you looking for valids to kill with your big stompy mech. Tickets accumulate because they don't just disappear as soon as you serve your punishment time they linger around for a time, what other people are doing doesn't excuse it and just because you don't see admins doing something doesn't mean they didn't not to mention it's probably worth at least ahelp-ing when you see such things happen in case they didn't see it and it doesn't get told in which case it's more than likely they wont do anything since they didn't know.

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

Appeal Denied,

I told you it was wrong, and the guy in question did not kidnap or kill anyone. You should of ahelped if you thought that was happening, considering it was an extended round. While the shuttle is in transit everything is cannon. It is only when the shuttle docks, and the credits role, that it is not.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

ThingPony wrote: Appeal Denied,

I told you it was wrong, and the guy in question did not kidnap or  kill anyone. You should of ahelped if you thought that was happening, considering it was an extended round. While the shuttle is in transit everything is cannon. It is only when the shuttle docks, and the credits role, that it is not.
Okay. In hindsight you're justified. The only problem I have is with why IC in OOC tickets are accumulated with Violence tickets. I assure you I'm not trying to greif the station / server, I'm only trying to play. I mean, I got tickets and a ban for saying "Can we not do blob again? I'm lagging". How does that add up to me killing someone else? To be honest, I haven't read up on the rules, but I swear I did not mean to greif intentionally.

But was / is there a way for you to have warned me before I killed her? I mean, I was shooting the locker for awhile. I assumed tickets and bans were a last resort to stopping an offense.

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

Its because when your bad, your bad. Your reasoning for your tickets doesn't matter, they add up, until either they go away, or you get to twenty which is a perma ban. And No, because I was not watching at that time. Only when someone ahelped, which is after you started killing her, did I see it.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

ThingPony wrote: Its because when your bad, your bad. Your reasoning for your tickets doesn't matter, they add up, until either they go away, or you get to twenty which is a perma ban. And No, because I was not watching at that time. Only when someone ahelped, which is after you started killing her, did I see it.
Ah... Well. I don't think I really want to appeal anymore then. Should I just ahelp if I want to kill someone so I can avoid more tickets?

ThingPony

Post by ThingPony »

Yes actually. Unless your an antag, or you know for sure that the person is a antag, then ahelp. Especially if its an extended round.

Bacon_Enderman

Post by Bacon_Enderman »

ThingPony wrote: Yes actually. Unless your an antag, or you know for sure that the person is a antag, then ahelp. Especially if its an extended round.
What if you discover someone doing something that would kill everyone on the station like, I dunno, summoning something OP if they're a cultist or you find someone filling a room with plasma? Can you just kill them there and then? Or just try to crit them?