Trial-Min two cents: Raeschen

Saint

Trial-Min two cents: Raeschen

Post by Saint »

BYOND Name of complaint against: Raeschen

Your BYOND name: Saint Pepsi

Date of issue and round ID: N/A

Reason for complaint: I wouldn't flag this as a formal complaint. I just want to voice my opinion that Raeschen wouldn't make a good admin, he seems so much more abrasive and controlling than any other staff member. I definitely wouldn't tag him as one of the 'fun' admins. I'm not the type of person to sit in the dark analyzing all the mistakes someone makes, and he definitely has his moments, I just feel the need to voice this here as it's the only place for player/admin complaints where it might be heard by someone who cares. 
Last edited by Saint on Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raeschen

RE: Trial-Min complaint: Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

well if i actually do something wrong or regulate a rule incorrectly, let me know so i can improve

if you're just angry at me because i don't goof around and i actually regulate the rules listed on the rulepage, then ok i guess.

edit: Whilst i was a mod, i was told by other staff that i was too soft. I made myself a bit more harsh and then later got promoted to trial admin, so i'm not really sure what to say about that
Last edited by Raeschen on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint

Post by Saint »

As I said I'm not here to scrutinize everything you do. I'm just voicing an opinion based on a few interactions I've seen or been a part of. You haven't done anything I'd deem as 'appauling' I just don't favor how you deal with situation when compared to other staff.

Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

well can you specify so i can improve?

this kinda says "Raeschen is bad i don't want him to be an admin"

what situations have i dealt with badly?

Saint

Post by Saint »

You're the first person to disable OOC. As stated you're incredibly abrasive and while you might /be/ helpful it always feels as though I'm walking on eggshells whenever getting help from you. You've ignored Ahelps previously, instead of directing me to the correct channels. As far as admins go-- Sure you do your job but you're not someone who makes an impactful impression on me that makes me enjoy the staff team. I feel as though the standard is set pretty high-- I just don't think you're there yet.

A good example is that when prompted with a question you direct people to the discord mentor-help regardless if you know the answer. It's not "Oh the answer is BLANK but you need to ask the discord for help with future questions."
True questions aren't ahelp worthy anymore, it'd be nice if you were at least helpful in the matter as well as directing them to the correct channels.
Last edited by Saint on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

admins disable OOC all the time, especially when people IC in OOC. someone asked for a shuttle call in OOC which was a breaking of this rule, then i disabled it. When i re-enabled it, everyone kept spamming dumb ick ock memes which i agree perhaps isn't really a reason to disable it, however OOC chat is more of a luxury than a necessity - any staff from mod to admin can disable it if they want to.

Whenever i question people, i try to ascertain what happened as per their experience, and i kind of have to interrogate sometimes. It's part of the job. However, the only note you have from me is from a while ago, about a minor IC in OOC thing, so as far as i know, i haven't really talked to you all that much. If i intimidate you or something because of the way i speak when i investigate, then sorry i guess

I only ignore ahelps that are entirely pointless, or otherwise general knowledge (Of which there is a rule in #announcements stating not to use ahelps for general knowledge, to use mentorhelp instead). I make sure to answer every one, and have even been commented about sometimes answering things that don't need answering by other admins in the past.

Once again, if you have a specific ahelp that you think i ignored in the past, tell me what it is and i'm fully willing to re-evaluate it.

And... well, i'm not entirely sure that a staff team is supposed to be 'enjoyed'. A staff team is supposed to keep the peace and ensure rules are followed. Arguably, a tertiary objective would be to make the server enjoyable and keep things interesting, but like... you kinda have to do that yourself too. the game is there to be played.

If you just don't like me, that's fine, you don't have to, but if you are going to 'complain' about me, i need you to be a bit more specific. I take complaints seriously.

Saint

Post by Saint »

As also stated, this isn't a formal complaint. I just want to weigh-in on if I believe you'd make a good admin. I've got nothing against you personally I just don't believe you'd fit in.
If players have any say on trial-mins becoming admins, this is my two cents.
Last edited by Saint on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

the title is: TRIAL-MIN COMPLAINT: RAESCHEN

and the issue has been posted publicly. that kind of makes formal.

You don't seem to be willing to give specific evidence of something i've done wrong, you just seem to want to say that you don't want me to become an admin.

Saint

Post by Saint »

I'll start collecting evidence then :u cause I love spending my rounds giving harsh examinations on the staff and their work.
You're missing the point of the post, but w/e I'll just leave this here for now until I have more to add.

Raeschen

Post by Raeschen »

I'm just saying, if you're gunna make a complaint about me that's public and arguably formal and then not offer any evidence as to what i've done, only saying that you just don't want me to become an admin, then expect to be questioned. I'm either going to try and improve myself if you make a valid complaint, or i'm going to defend myself if it's invalid.

All staff should be under scrutiny, otherwise staff might become a little bit mad with power.

Here is a link to a log repository for the server which might help you.
http://citadel-station.net/parsed-logs/ ... data/logs/