Ban appeal - Toranet2

toranet2

Ban appeal - Toranet2

Post by toranet2 »

1) Byond name: Toranet2
2) Word to word ban reason: Shuttlegriefing as clown, stealing ce's suit as a non-antag clown because "greytide". Likely ban evasion, shares IP with permabanned account (NewJack) Ban id 7038
3) Admin who banned: cebutris
4) Lenth of ban: Permaban
5) Appeal reason: Ok. Im not shure if he is new and eager or mad on something in real life realy, no offence but he just ignored all I say and keep up pushing that stealing ce suit with no ce (or any other engineer realy) present is a huge sin. Also, that Shuttlegriefing was building walls in airlocks leading to the shuttle 15-20 minutes! before it was supposed to get there with like 5-6 people( Hos and captain included, also engineering borg too) looking at me doing it. Engineering borg removed those walls while I was talking to cebutris by the way. It took him like 2 minutes or so to clear all 4 passages. It was shift end shuttle call so everyone were bored. It is not a heavy roleplay server to follow all the rules there are. Ban HoS too because when I took the ce's suit we then used engine emmiters to open the power locker to get him insulated gloves.
 Now about the ban evasion. NewJack is my junior brother and when he Realy Shuttlegriefed by evaporating it on the way to com(by the order of last head of staff cmo to kill 2 traitors who killed a lot of people before killing 8-10 people in the prosess) he got his ban which hit me too. I was in the same match then so applied to lift the ban from me with my appeal did so no ban evasion. The thing happened 3-4 months ago so If I was him I got no need to evade the ban because Id just appeal it. He is not playing ss13 lately because of school anyways. cebutris didnt like the IP sharing thing probably but it aint working this way. Ban bans the IP(The internet connection IP because we use separate computers with both of us geting banned at the same time) so if it was banned you need to mess with your internet connection IP to overcome the ban.
Last edited by toranet2 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenzie

RE: Ban appeal - Toranet2

Post by Kenzie »

why did you build walls in airlocks leading to the shuttle though
ex-headmin

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

You took a high-security, exclusive item as a non-antag on. When I asked why you decided to do that, you literally told me because "greytide". What kind of response is that? That is, at the very least, self-antagging. Also, the insults don't help your case at all. As for the ban evasion, I assumed (after a small discussion with other admins) that the shared IPs make the potential for ban evasion much more likely
Awoo

toranet2

Post by toranet2 »

To Kenzie: I was a clown, and having nothing to do as it was shift end shuttle call there were 20 min of wait so I wanted to prank them. Even if they would ignore it untill the shuttle comes it is 1 minute work to remove a wall, there were 7-10 people in departures engineering borg included.

To cebutris: First of I cant remember insulting you in any way, you still sound angry on something, as I said up there no offence. I didt do anything to make you mad, wasnt griefing, I am playing on this server for half a year and my only 3 bans I had were due to my brothers ban and were lifted from me right away since I was present in those matches too and was an active player in general.
This is a low RP server meaning that as long as everyone has fun it is ok, if you dont make anyone mad at you, beat them up, kill them, insult them, steal their property and so on it is no big deal. Well if you are not an atag which I wasnt this round. I have once got my hands on nuke disk as chaplain and made a shrine for it and noone cared. This high value (not high security due to beying harmless) exclusive item of ce hardsuit wasnt required to anyone at all, I was wearing it in open for half the round, HoS saw me in it, captain saw me in it, a ton of security saw me in it, noone cared since no ce or even engineer to claim it was there on the station. HoS saw me take it when he got his hands on insulated gloves. I am greytiding in almost all the rounds I play but since no harm done and I know what I shouldnt steal not to pain out others it was ok for half a year already. No clue why you are so mad about it.
Ok. If you are still mad about it even then without possible ban evasion it is not even close to perma anyways. I can live through this harsh times on yog. Usk em Im playing half the games there, same statistics, no personal bans on me either.
Last edited by toranet2 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

cebutris

Post by cebutris »

First of all, it was only a permaban because of the suspected ban evasion, which I now know is not the case, though there were no notes explaining the situation so I do not fault myself for the error. I'd be definitely willing to decrease the ban length from perma in light of that.

Secondly, you are assuming things about this server that just aren't true. Despite what you may think, you're not allowed to do whatever you want just because we're "Low RP". Our rules very clearly state that you're not to break into areas or steal things you don't have reason to take. "Greytide" is NOT a reason. It's true that we can't catch every instance, but it doesn't make it any more within the rules. And just because someone didn't punish you IC for doing it, doesn't mean it's within the rules, either. I'm willing to look past the walling off the shuttle part, but you don't seem to understand that self-antagging is against the rules, and stealing the CE's suit because "greytide" falls within self-antagging
Awoo

toranet2

Post by toranet2 »

Oh well. I realy dont feel like it was self antaging but Im not admin to argue. Anyways. The goal of the game is to have fun so when I play I follow only the rule of not spoiling the fun of others, so I feel like I can do anything that doesnt violate that rule. With low RP level that extends to that extent of geting ce suit when it is not required by anyone and there is noone to claim it. I was expecting to get beaten by security officers since hos didnt bother but it aint happened so no fun of pranking security happened as they didt care.

Well, lets end this one. so long as its not perma I can wait for it. I play on citadel for low RP with latest tg since if I'd want to have latest tg with high rp I would have been playing on tg bazyl but their admins are morons so I dont, going for RP to yog instead which admins are reasonable same as here. So what ban will it be then? I still dont feel guilty but admins are there for a reason.
Last edited by toranet2 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

Why should Cebu take it on themselves to unban you or shorten your ban when you clearly demonstrate you have no desire to fix your behavior or are even willing to recognize the rules you violated?

toranet2

Post by toranet2 »

Cabbose wrote: Why should Cebu take it on themselves to unban you or shorten your ban when you clearly demonstrate you have no desire to fix your behavior or are even willing to recognize the rules you violated?
First of the whole permaban was because of ban awoid susp thing so there was no reason for that one in the first place, second I didnt get a ban for behavior for half a year meaning there are no issues on my behavior in general, third I didnt say I dont recognize the rules I violated I just say I dont feel guilty for it and see the mistake now. I had zero need in that hardsuit since I had heat shield with healing virus on uranium meaning I could go to spess in my pants. The whole reason for both of those moments of ce hardsuit and building walls in shuttle entrance was pranking the crew as I was the clown with no actual harm done. On ce suit I was expecting to make some running war with security which didnt happen since they didnt care. Same to shuttle entrance there was a ton of time left with nothing to do. They all saw me do it and when I returned in noone even saw it as anything but a prank which it was with only the admin making the push on it, thats the thing I cant understand. Those walls were removed by engie borg during my discussion with cebutris. Everyone were entertained by my actions which was my job in general. If you want to say that pranks that didnt do any harm whatsoever deserve permaban then I think I was playing the wrong server the whole time.
Last edited by toranet2 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cabbose

Post by Cabbose »

toranet2 wrote:
Cabbose wrote: Why should Cebu take it on themselves to unban you or shorten your ban when you clearly demonstrate you have no desire to fix your behavior or are even willing to recognize the rules you violated?
I didnt say I dont recognize the rules I violated I just say I dont feel guilty for it and see the mistake now.

Are you pranking me right now with this

Edit: The CE suit is a high-value item and screwing with escape is one of the most dangerous areas to screw with. Both of these are self-antaging m8
Last edited by Cabbose on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

toranet2

Post by toranet2 »

Well, did you read what I rote up there? I agree with what you said that the suit is high value and messing with escape is dangerous... but not the way I did it. I had 2 maxcap grenades for centcom and 2 bags of holding that could REALY mess up with departures if I'd want to GRIEF but I wanted to prank and waste some time with fun, there were 20 minutes left with nothing to do. Building walls in doors with 7-10 people present engineering borg included is SOOOOOOO dangerous, they are all morons same as the rest of the crew and cant open such a MASSIVE obsticle... Thats where as I saw it to that point about low rp that as long as things you do dont Actualy screw things up for others its not the moment to blame for. I played half a year since spring here and there were situations which violate the word of the rule but not the spirit or so I though untill now. I feel the spirit of the rule that as long as it doesnt break the fun of others, which includes traitors because rules are there to stop morons from ruining fun of others. I had a moment when as a traitor I required a nuke disk and after I got capt down he didt have it, I gone to his room there was none, I watched all around still none. In the end it was a non antag Janitor! who felt like securing it for the sake of the station stealing it before captain claimed it.
Its not me kiding you its you kiding me making a massive moment of a prank that did no harm. As to ce's suit I already said that I was expecting to mess with security for fun since no ce present to claim it. I took it about an hour into the game so I was pretty much shure noone need it, traitors included.
Last edited by toranet2 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.